Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Wild to me that Real don't even have a need for Asensio or Isco anymore; guys who were literally world class at one point

They’ve been done for a long time. Although Asensio has been a useful squad player in recent times. 

The Brazilian boys are it.  

I had my stocks in Vini when he was getting stick in his first full season. So glad to see him develop into a world class player. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

That Bajcetic for Liverpool looks like he'll be some player too. 18 years old and playing against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Some achievement that. 

Been good in the PL but thought he got schooled tonight. Top prospect though. Just what they need too. 

31 minutes ago, Disco said:

Been good in the PL but thought he got schooled tonight. Top prospect though. Just what they need too. 

Certainly better than the other teenage shite they've put up so far this season - Harvey Elliot and that Carvalho, for instance.

Madrid have our number. Carlo has Klopp's number. Whenever Henderson comes up against Modric for England or Liverpool, he spends an hour chasing shadows.

Gomez, TAA, Matip, and VVD have all been various degrees of poor. I might be wrong, but I think a big part of it is the lack of protection from the midfield since our press is not working well. Having said that, I don't think gegen or counter-pressing will work against a team of technicians and mentality like Madrid. They will coolly ride out the press and pass around it, and in the blink of an eye, it is Modric, Vini, or Benzema against our defense. 

9 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Madrid have our number. Carlo has Klopp's number. Whenever Henderson comes up against Modric for England or Liverpool, he spends an hour chasing shadows.

Gomez, TAA, Matip, and VVD have all been various degrees of poor. I might be wrong, but I think a big part of it is the lack of protection from the midfield since our press is not working well. Having said that, I don't think gegen or counter-pressing will work against a team of technicians and mentality like Madrid. They will coolly ride out the press and pass around it, and in the blink of an eye, it is Modric, Vini, or Benzema against our defense. 

Hard lines tonight. It all changed a bit too quickly really. Do you still have faith in Klopp?

28 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Hard lines tonight. It all changed a bit too quickly really. Do you still have faith in Klopp?

200 percent behind him. Irrespective of how bad this season gets. He won us the CL, PL, FA Cup and League cup. We seem to have lost our way a bit with our transfers with Michael Edwards and our transfer committee leaving. But we are being linked to interesting folks for that position. I am confident he can build the next good liverpool team.  

19 hours ago, toon25 said:

Certainly better than the other teenage shite they've put up so far this season - Harvey Elliot and that Carvalho, for instance.

That lad is going to be a player. Would love to have him at our club.

I like Harvey too.

Re: Madrid: I really like that they've built a team based on being really good at all aspects of football. They don't even outspend everyone anymore. Just sensible signings and getting the best youth in the world. 6 of that team came via the academy or were signed as teenagers - that's impressive. They don't get taught to become robots like at City or discarded because they don't fit a narrow profile. You just have to be able to perform and play.

It's not great for winning league titles though.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Re: Madrid: I really like that they've built a team based on being really good at all aspects of football. They don't even outspend everyone anymore. .

Eh? Wasn’t it last year they made a world record bid for Mbappe? 

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

City play objectively good football but I find them so dull to watch at times. I don’t want to watch a 90min possession exercise.

Reminds me of watching Chelsea from a few years back, absolutely bored the arse off you!

Again, I always feel like I’m overly critical of keepers and the goal was ruthless from City. But the commentator saying the keeper had no chance? 

He half shifts his weight to his right. So understand he is a bit wrong footed. But he just waves an arm at it with the ball going in the middle of the goal right next to him.