Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

I think there's a real chance of trouble at our match against Legia Warsaw on Thursday.

An argument involving the police, Villa and UEFA about restricting their ticket allocation (due 2,100, we gave them 990) - after their fans kicking off at AZ Alkmaar. The Polish ambassador involved (really), and they reckon loads of them coming without tickets. Lots of talk about Brum based Polish community wanting (and probably managing to get) tickets. They also kicked off really badly at Leicester a few years ago.

At the fixture at their place, they held our fans back over two hours afterwards, the police were very handy with their shields, we had no access to toilet facilities and got charged for tap water - all this because their Ultras were so intent on kicking off outside after.

I dunno, it might amount to nothing, but being of the age where you've seen this happen lots of times, I just smell something in the air.

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

@brummie think you might regret selling Jaden Philogene? 

He looks far too good for the Championship. Unless you've got a buy back clause? Think you've got a buy back for Ramsey at Burnley if I'm not mistaken

I was really surprised we sold him tbh, featured a lot in pre-season and did very well. 

Yes, buy back on him at 15m, similar to Ramsey and Archer

Always find it hilarious when Pep mentiones how much spirit his team has, what battling qualities they show. Like they're a normal team.

They're far and away the best team in Europe if not the world. The have the most expensively assembled squad, the best coach and unlimited resources. Reversing a 0-2 scoreline against relative minnows should be business as usual. The notable thing is them being 2 down to begin with.

I guess he's just reframing the narrative and thinks we're all idiots (or at least their fans) like most top team coaches.

1 hour ago, Django said:

Always find it hilarious when Pep mentiones how much spirit his team has, what battling qualities they show. Like they're a normal team.

They're far and away the best team in Europe if not the world. The have the most expensively assembled squad, the best coach and unlimited resources. Reversing a 0-2 scoreline against relative minnows should be business as usual. The notable thing is them being 2 down to begin with.

I guess he's just reframing the narrative and thinks we're all idiots (or at least their fans) like most top team coaches.

Regardless how good you are you still need battling qualities to win. Especially when every team you face are giving their maximum against you.