Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Not sure that playing Mbappe as a CF is ever going to work, Real will have the same problem as Vini plays in the same position as Mbappe prefers.

Love that result from Dortmund; would be great to see them go all the way. They were so savvy against us. 

Hilarious seeing Sancho tearing it up all of a sudden. 

15 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Vini will be sold, Mbappe's shirt sales will eclipse all considerations. Mbappe is good like, but Vinicius is also but hey ho

Mbappe can't play 9? Thought that'd be his shirt number. Would be a shame if Vini left, he's probably the most entertaining footballer in the world right now. 

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Mbappe can't play 9? Thought that'd be his shirt number. Would be a shame if Vini left, he's probably the most entertaining footballer in the world right now. 

I think the racism issues in Spain will drive him out ultimately.

Needs somewhere black and white......

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

I think the racism issues in Spain will drive him out ultimately.

Needs somewhere black and white......

Wouldn’t get his game ahead of Gordon.

Where would Vini go?

I think they ask Carlo to try and make it work for a year. Maybe push Vini to the right. Maybe sell Rodrygo. 

I thought this season Rodrygo would kick on but he hasn’t.  He’s got Chelsea €70m all over it if they are allowed. 

I don’t watch Real a lot but the two CL games I’ve watched Rodrygo has been quality. 70 million euros would be a great price with him playing right wing / back up forward 

Coefficient out the window? I think there's some pleasure to be had from an all German CL final. Even more so given neither won their domestic league. Hope it happens. 

Fuck the Premier League 😂

11 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Vini will be sold, Mbappe's shirt sales will eclipse all considerations. Mbappe is good like, but Vinicius is also but hey ho

To who? Man City?

Just now, toon25 said:

Everything good about Vini would be lost at Man City 

Everything good about [insert 99% of player names here] would be lost at Man City 

Although I think the likes of Bruno and Isak thrive :pilko:

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

I don’t watch Real a lot but the two CL games I’ve watched Rodrygo has been quality. 70 million euros would be a great price with him playing right wing / back up forward 

If he leaves, he'll go somewhere that will play him LW. That's his best position.

I don't expect him to leave though. He'll still get plenty of minutes. But Real usually have a sale whenever they splash the cash on a marquee signing. And I think it's for the best for his career.

Rodrygo is great though. At his best he's magical. But he's #2 to Vini at Real & Brazil in his best role and will move further away from there and the starting XI with Mbappe joining Real.

I think I'm in the minority but I couldn't stand watching that banter-rific CBS programme.

Every clip looks so forced to be made into a 30 second tik tok vid

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

Dortmund schooled us both home and away tbf.

Don't have many grudges over them doing well

I know this is the general consensus of most and I don’t actually disagree with it I do think it gets forgotten about we lost Isak within 15mins and Joelinton also playing unfit after 65. Wilson misses a great chance and we hit the woodwork twice. Away from home we were depleted again yet if Joelinton puts a header away that he should’ve and our other great chance in the first half that would’ve been a different game also.

If buts maybes I know but Dortmund played us at the right time and we had no rub of the green either night. Even our home crowds atmosphere was somewhat dampened with the incessant rain all day and night.

Smaller margins than we probably remember.

Posted (edited)

Sometimes Carragher in-particular forces the banter. But in general, the more relaxed tone is refreshing.

Sometimes when Man U would lose on "Super Sunday" and they used to have Souness, Neville, Keane etc. the atmosphere was one of genuine real-life crisis. I've seen Micah and Carragher look visibly awkward in the room because everyone is so serious and obviously they enjoy the result. Football is fun and rarely that deep.

Edited by The College Dropout

Annoys me how amazing a footballer Thierry Henry was and yet how uncool he seems as a pundit without much knowledgeable input 

32 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Annoys me how amazing a footballer Thierry Henry was and yet how uncool he seems as a pundit without much knowledgeable input 

I don't get that at all from Henry. I've seen some great analysis from him on CBS about how attackers think, things I've never even thought about before