Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

32 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Incredibly cringeworthy. 

Anyone else notice that Loris isn't knocked over immediately? Stays on his feet for a split second before chucking himself to the deck. 

https://youtu.be/FrODfIpERV8?t=76

You are right on Lloris, I never noticed that.  I bet thats why they didnt give a free kick

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Immediately gets up and tries to save it too. He knew full well there was no foul.

Kane thought it was a foul from 60 yards away.Kane thought none of the fouls by team mates were fouls,the same with Dier.Have you ever heard ex players who are now pundits say…’you can tell by the players reaction….’ .Aye,reet.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Watching this again, it's another classic Joelinton performance imo. Defensively he's so good 

Totally agree. He may occasionally be a bit clumsy in possession if you want to nitpick one of his flaws, but you soon notice the difference in our midfield when he isn't there

41 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Didnt we have a stonewall pen incident that VAR didn't even look at? I remember being in disbelief that it was brushed aside so quickly but I now can't remember who it involved. Think it may have been in the 2nd half? 

Big Joe in 1st half when Emerson bundled him over or Big Joe in 2nd when it hit Emerson’s arm?

Both were pens 

Yeah I think it was the first half when he got bundled over, I thought the one hitting his arm wasn't a pen tbh as he arms were tucked into his body iirc. Would have been harsh getting one for that imo but the other was a definite pen. 

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Watching this again, it's another classic Joelinton performance imo. Defensively he's so good 

I do not understand how he can stop on a dime and stretch to win a ball, but also trip over fucking nothing in the box when it's time to shoot. :lol:

7 hours ago, huss9 said:

from my kids, not my own 53 year old street knowledge.

means family. also applies to close friends.

Then why do the tosspots not bother to put ily after fam?  Too much bother?  Arseholes!

On 24/10/2022 at 20:39, Miercoles said:

Even if it doesn't it's still offside because he's basically dummying it, the keeper has to react as if he's going to make contact which helps Kane in the end, so he's impacting the play either way. I thought we had a decent chance of getting that call.

But he wasn’t offside. Kane would have been offside if it touched him and I thought it wasn’t obvious after ten replays.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I do not understand how he can stop on a dime and stretch to win a ball, but also trip over fucking nothing in the box when it's time to shoot. :lol:

It has to be psychological, but I've noticed that he's still very good if he's coming onto the ball. Almost all of his goals like for us are like that.