Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 6/11/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I don't think it will be easy but I suspect they will be more vulnerable than our last 4 opponents.

They will look to start strong. We need to stop that and get control of the game. If we do that, we should come away with at least a point.

Tough game this, as poor as they've been let's not forger they held Arsenal here in their last home game.

Where's the best place to watch our away games in town? This is on UK TV so will help obv, but where do most people go? Looking for a proper atmosphere like

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've won down there 3 times in 50 years in the league. I'm not ready to say they're not a bogey team :lol:

2 in the last 3 years though to be fair! What worries me is that they're a weird team. They can lose a bunch of games or get battered 9-0 and then go on to pull a few wins out of the bag.

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

2 in the last 3 years though to be fair! What worries me is that they're a weird team. They can lose a bunch of games or get battered 9-0 and then go on to pull a few wins out of the bag.

That's exactly it, they're a very weird team under Hassenhutl.

I live on the south coast and I'm sorely tempted to get a ticket for the home end.

Anyone know where the away fans will be sat? If I do, I'd like to be close to our fans. Also, to anyone who has gone to away games in with the home fans, what's the etiquette?

- cheer when we score?

- cheer when THEY score?!

- just keep your head down and almost ignore our goals? Not sure I can do this, which is a worry. :lol:

- will I be ejected if 'discovered'

- anyone ever had any bother from locals when in with their fans?

First time there for me was a 1-0 defeat at the Dell. I am pretty sure David Armstrong scored for them whilst approx 28 yards offisde. Still the worst away-fan view of any ground I've been to. Seems like a lifetime ago. After that long-standing Le Tissier led jinx, I now don't fear them in any way whatsoever. Decent club though.

I'm based in Hampshire, so getting to go to this one! 😁

On current form, I don't see any reason why we can't win this. Still a bit hard-wired to expect disaster, but that's gradually fading away. 

If we can go into the WC break on 30 points, that'll be amazing. (It already is amazing, of course.) 

Saints 0:2 NUFC 

14 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I live on the south coast and I'm sorely tempted to get a ticket for the home end.

Anyone know where the away fans will be sat? If I do, I'd like to be close to our fans. Also, to anyone who has gone to away games in with the home fans, what's the etiquette?

- cheer when we score?

- just keep your head down and almost ignore our goals? Not sure I can do this, which is a worry. :lol:

It's Southampton mate, even if they all start on you, you be fine.

In all seriousness, just keep yourself to yourself. You will be fine.

47 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

- cheer when we score?

I’ve done it more than once- Sunderland, Spurs x2- and my honest advice would be to just not bother, mate. Thoroughly awful experience. 

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

- cheer when we score?

Jump up when we score then windmill like fuck used to be the tried and tested, but been a few years since I did it.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

- cheer when we score?

Northam Stand; behind the goal.