Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

16 minutes ago, Ben said:

What would Oliver Holts position be if the Qataries took over Liverpool ? I imagine he would see it as an opportunity for football to break down barriers 

If it happened you’d see some mental gymnastics justifying such a takeover amongst the scousers.

51 minutes ago, Ben said:

What would Oliver Holts position be if the Qataries took over Liverpool ? I imagine he would see it as an opportunity for football to break down barriers 

Cementing Liverpools right to compete at the highest level of domestic competition in the face of threats from Man City and Newcastle.

I wonder if the Spurs owners and Glaziers are watching this and seeing who comes in to buy them and ready to offer their club ahead of any Liverpool deal. Spurs missed out on PIF, so too did Man Utd really. If there is any of the oil nations left to buy a football club (Dubai royal family?) then surely they will try to cash in now. Fans of both clubs will want a deal in fear of missing out forever.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I wonder if the Spurs owners and Glaziers are watching this and seeing who comes in to buy them and ready to offer their club ahead of any Liverpool deal. Spurs missed out on PIF, so too did Man Utd really. If there is any of the oil nations left to buy a football club (Dubai royal family?) then surely they will try to cash in now. Fans of both clubs will want a deal in fear of missing out forever.

Al Maktoum previously tried to buy Liverpool when Hicks and Gillette bought it, be interesting to see if they have the appetite now. Personally think it’ll be another American consortium, hopefully they run them like the Glazers then the whingeing cunts will have something to really moan about.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Wouldn’t take a Twitter pole as gospel mind. May well be other fans just clicking yes because they want to see the results, in turn effecting the results themselves 

RAWK is pretty indicative though. Plenty of ‘Might as well’ ‘would be hard to turn my back on the club’ ‘We wouldn’t be like others because we have previous success’ ‘No control over who buys us’ etc.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Abu Dhabi own Man City, so surely the Dubai royal family are the odd ones out by not having football club?

Dubai is the junior emirate compared to Abu Dhabi (AD). When the 2008 financial crises hit they went to AD for a bail out as they have the oil wealth v Dubais property/tourism/services economy. They renamed the Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa in honour of AD’ s emir before it opened as part of the bail out thank you. I doubt they’d buy Liverpool to challenge AD’s Man City. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

This interview is immense, more like this please. Not sure if he’s just not media trained, not interested or was doing it as a laugh but it’s class 

Is that not exactly how you'd do it though ? Or go way over the top for a scrappy 2 yard rebound tap in making it sound like Brazils 4th in the 70 World cup final. 

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

RAWK is pretty indicative though. Plenty of ‘Might as well’ ‘would be hard to turn my back on the club’ ‘We wouldn’t be like others because we have previous success’ ‘No control over who buys us’ etc.

we’ll see what happens if and when it comes to it. I’m sure if an approach by an oil company comes along, SOS will survey the feelings of its members.

Got a feeling it will be one of the bidders who wanted Chelsea. 

I don't really see Liverpool having "oil club" owners. The whole idea is surely to buy a club a lot lower on the elite level, and then you can make a huge profit once they become elite. 

At Liverpool can they really make someone a huge profit considering they're already at the top of the elite level? 

It's a big risk when you can buy a club for much much cheaper and muscle your way in. New owners at Liverpool coming in and getting it wrong, crashing out of Europe, Klopp leaving etc. The value could plummet. 

26 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Got a feeling it will be one of the bidders who wanted Chelsea. 

I don't really see Liverpool having "oil club" owners. The whole idea is surely to buy a club a lot lower on the elite level, and then you can make a huge profit once they become elite. 

At Liverpool can they really make someone a huge profit considering they're already at the top of the elite level? 

It's a big risk when you can buy a club for much much cheaper and muscle your way in. New owners at Liverpool coming in and getting it wrong, crashing out of Europe, Klopp leaving etc. The value could plummet. 

Agree it will be one of the losing Chelsea  bidders. If an Arab state (not many rich non football club owning one’s about) where in the market how comes none bid for Chelsea who as a proposition for an Arab owner are better in my view (fashionable London location, more recent success) and had to be sold to the highest credible bidder.