Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

12 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Fuck them.

We had to play three games in the last week of the season when they beat us to the title.

So fuck them.

I'm more thinking about the away supporters than Manchester United themselves. :lol: Read the thread, postponing those games a couple days after the queen's death is going to have an absolutely manic fixture schedule that won't be finalised ~2 weeks before the games are actually played.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

:lol: This is one of the saddest things to read about constantly. Most supporters of teams with United in their name will call their team United. You ask 95% of football fans worldwide who they think of when someone says United and it's Manchester United. It's not a big deal.

So if we win our game in hand will Sutton start calling you Newcastle United and us United again? What a plonker.

Piqué announced his retirement yesterday. This weekend's game will be his last. There was a lots of rumors he'd retire after the season since Xavi benched him and he didn't want to go out like that, but this is pretty surprising. But he's always been quite mercurial off the pitch.

He's had a steep decline these past seasons, but nonetheless he was world class in his prime and one of the best CBs we had at the club. Him and Puyol were a legendary pair. 

He has loads of business outside football nowadays, but I get the feeling he'll get involved with the club down the road.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Why is there 1003 pages here? 

Rank moderation.  A disgrace, in fact. 

New forum software includes hidden posts from banned members in the overall count for moderators, so it's tricky for us to know what the actual page count is. :lol:

1,020 on my side. 17 pages of absolute codswallop.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

New forum software includes hidden posts from banned members in the overall count for moderators, so it's tricky for us to know what the actual page count is. :lol:

1,020 on my side. 17 pages of absolute codswallop.

Just 17? 😉

2 for me. I've got nothing against circular crests as long as it's retaining some soul. All too often they happen to coincide with the rest being simplified beyond recognition clearly just to make it cheap for mass production. Doesn't feel like that's the case here with the lion still being retained.

Font is shite on both though.

Not sure if already discussed somewhere, so my apologies if it is. But, I absolutely loved Pep's response to Zlatan's diss of him :lol: Essentially, Zlatan said in an interview that the only thing stopping Haaland from becoming the GOAT footballer was Pep's ego, as Pep hated it when players were bigger than him and that's why he (Zlatan) failed at Barcelona. Pep was told the quote from Zlatan and just went for the jugular:

"He is absolutely right. I hate it when Erling scores three goals. I get so envious. I tell Erling, please don't score three goals! He knows me so well, he should write another book about it."

:lol:

Edited by Kaizero

I find it mesmerising to realise that at one point in life I was so disconnected from NUFC that I have no recollection of players named Lazaro or Bentaleb ever playing for us :lol: I don't think I watched a single game that season.