Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

54 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Leveraged buyout no doubt, no one cares if it puts the club in jeopardy.

The EFL don’t, I think the Premier League have restricted them, they can’t leverage more than a percentage now.

Local derby between 2 of Australia women's, Central Coast and Newcastle, A League teams have just revealed  their trophy, a bit of the guard rail from the highway that joins the 2 clubs. Don't let anyone ever tell you the Australian football isn't the  greatest in the world. 

FB_IMG_1697098311934.jpg

On 10/10/2023 at 13:35, Pilko said:

I said this in the Referee thread, anyone who says VAR is worse than not having it has a fucking short memory. We used to get done over on an almost weekly basis. Remember when we went about 5 premier league seasons without an opponent getting a red card? :lol:

Go to games in Sweden all the time and it's infinitely better as there's no stupid fucking VAR ruining the game. A goal is a goal, a mistake is a mistake, just move on. Much less focus on the refs than with VAR as well. 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Those flame emojis, praise doesn’t come higher

They probably didn't even watch the game, they're just supporting their team mate.[emoji38] All that drama just so they can use the clickbait headline.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, Erikse said:

They probably didn't even watch the game, they're just supporting their team mate.[emoji38] All that drama just so they can use the clickbait headline.

Northern Echo did one the other week which basically read “Newcastle Prem star out for three weeks!” When you clicked on the article it was Gordon being banned for the West Ham game :lol:

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Go to games in Sweden all the time and it's infinitely better as there's no stupid fucking VAR ruining the game. A goal is a goal, a mistake is a mistake, just move on. Much less focus on the refs than with VAR as well. 

I don't disagree with the principle here btw, but the referees in the Premier League are too shit and too biased towards the "big clubs" for it to be better without VAR.

Like I said in my original post, occasional mistakes will always happen and you trot out the "these things even themselves out over the course of a season" line and move on. But you see giant, ridiculous mistakes every gameweek in the PL and that ruins things more than VAR does IMO. Depends on your viewpoint I guess.

3 weeks after being all over social media and outraged that Newcastle were shown on TV again and Liverpool were not, Liverpool fans are now all over social media and outraged that Liverpool have played more Saturday 12pm games than any other Premier League club since Klopp arrived.

On 12/10/2023 at 05:25, Ben said:

Oh dear

Screenshot_20231012_052437_X.jpg

And Reading have released a statement saying that they are in discussions with a number of businessmen about a sale, and that they are not in a period of exclusivity with any of them, nor have any been put forward to the EFL for the directors & owners test.

It seems that Billy big bollocks has been feeding the story himself in an attempt to push others away, and for his own ego.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Surprised Matty Longstaff hasn't found a club yet

Isn't he still recovering from a long term injury? As I think when he was released the club said they'd help him through his recovery.