Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

54 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Savage and Sutton ruin anything they’re on. Same with Rio really. 

I have no idea how TV companies select their pundits, you would think you’d need to have something of value to say. 

They obviously just assume viewers are really thick. I don't know, maybe they are, maybe it's just people on here who don't want to listen to clueless battering us with their awful opinions.

And there are people who think some ex-player pundits are only there because of their race or gender and not the fact that if you're an ex-player you have a license to talk unmitigated shit for a living.

Fletch won't ever shut up, McManaman is a partisan whingebag, Michael Owen's chiming in with a "well as a striker I would have tried to score a goal in the football net" and Savage is ruining historic visuals to the extent that if he just honked his clown nose and played a slide whistle it would be Lawrence Olivier narrating The World at War by comparison. BT is very much the new ITV in terms of quality.

Edited by Kid Icarus

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Savage and Sutton ruin anything they’re on. Same with Rio really. 

I have no idea how TV companies select their pundits, you would think you’d need to have something of value to say. 

Think it’s more to do with the engagement they bring. They don’t care if it’s negative or positive as long as there is engagement.

Awful stuff 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can’t handle the amount of people that will come out and be like “he’s had his life ruined, who’s going to make this right. Women can’t be allowed to get away with this”

Assuming we're talking about a former City player, I've already seen some crazy posts from Depay and Vini Jr. about it,

It is a tricky situation though at the same time.

It is a tricky situation, none of us know any of the real facts in these cases but far too many people want to pitch up and take a hardline stance based on prejudiced views they already hold. It’s infuriating 

I'm horrible in that I'm often inclined to believe if you're a rich bloke, you'll find a lawyer good enough to find some technical fault that will lead to charges being dropped.. 

I can see Greenwood being reintegrated with our squad as well. Possibly a year on loan and then coming back.

The fact the charges were dropped and he now has a child with the girl in question, I can see the PR teams working overtime to try and repair his image.

£1,379,713 is still not a lot when you consider he's probably got £25m+ banked.

Should give the full whack to that one victim. 

Could argue why give it to one person when you could dish it out to many but that's not the narrative I'm forming 

Edited by TBG

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

It is a tricky situation, none of us know any of the real facts in these cases but far too many people want to pitch up and take a hardline stance based on prejudiced views they already hold. It’s infuriating 

Jurors heard Ms Greville, 36, discovered messages on Giggs’ phone showing he had been contacting other women in August 2020.

The jurors were read texts that allegedly show she told her friends she was getting her contraceptive coil removed, including one which stated: “I am not walking away with nothing.”

The court heard that, after telling pal Courtney Lang she planned to get her coil removed, the friend replied: “F*cking hell well I can’t say I’m surprised as you don’t sound like you are”, with Ms Greville replying: “Going to have to be clever with this one.”

Ms Greville allegedly did not tell Giggs, 48, she was having her coil removed and instead said she was at the hospital to treat cancerous cells found after a smear test, the court heard.

Giving evidence, she admitted it was a lie, adding: “I wanted to get him off my back and it's the only thing I could think of and it's awful. I completely regret saying those things but I needed to get him off my back, to leave me alone.”

Chris Daw QC, for Giggs, suggested that, after she had her coil removed, text messages show the pair joking about having sex twice in 24 hours.

Mr Daw suggested: “You were having active regular and very enthusiastic sex at this time including when you had your coil removed.

“If you had got pregnant by Mr Giggs you would have anticipated a significant amount of financial support for a very long time.”

The court heard how Ms Greville replied: “If that's what happens"

Admitted to lying, she should be getting prison time :lol:

Edited by Aiston