Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I guess I can accept that few will share my disdain for Fletcher but you do wonder who on earth wants McManaman and particularly Savage. Is it younger viewers, or something? Do today's audiences want constant enthusiasm, overt bias and basically just relentless noise from the commentary position? Savage on the coverage of West Ham's UCL win was arguably the worst co-comms I've ever heard*. 

*Carragher/Neville in that Liverpool-ManU game last season was the profession's nadir but I'm not sure you could even call them co-comms

I'd argue Savage and his ilk survive for two main reasons. 

1.) They resonate with a decent section of the people that pay for these channels. Let's say that 45+ demographic. It's a familiarity. 

2.) The more important, and sad, fact is that when it comes to talent booking nepotism and favoritism can often supersede concerns about quality. Both are probably easy to work with so get good reports from the production crew. That travels to the higher ups, and they're not typically engaged with the pulse on social media. Even if they are, there's a good chance BT/TNT have a good working relationship with their agents. It all feeds into a quite depressing situation. 

Pathetic that, his attitude on the pitch is shocking. Ten Hag obviously thinks this will have a positive impact on him but it could easily have a negative impact, giving such a dickhead an even stronger feeling of authority and arrogance 

On 19/07/2023 at 15:03, Viana said:

Don't know if you've watched this one already, but I found it interesting. 

That’s class. 

I went to Palmeiras and I was very surprised by the pace and athleticism of their game. It was actually not what I expected from Brazilians. 

But like was mentioned on that video, there’s a bit of an identity crisis happening. I guess toughness and grit are also important elements of the culture, as well as freedom of expression in the right circumstances. Players like Bruno, Joelinton and Richarlison would demonstrate that. 

Would love to see more Fluminense type teams. 

Always thought that lower league and amateur teams should compress the pitch like that because playing over larger spaces is so wasteful. But maybe that’s because I grew up playing only small sided football. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

On 19/07/2023 at 15:03, Viana said:

Don't know if you've watched this one already, but I found it interesting. 

Ganso! Blast from the past.

I wiah I'd watched more Brazilian football. It's a shame how much talent we probably miss out on mainly watching only the major European leagues.

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Fernandes new Man Utd captain. Fitting really. The absolute worst cuntbeing captain for the the absolute worst club on the planet.

Absolute whingeing prick who asked to be subbed off V Liverpool? perfect captain for them :lol:

Mad they're not giving to Casemiro. 

Edited by Bizza

13 hours ago, gbandit said:

Pathetic that, his attitude on the pitch is shocking. Ten Hag obviously thinks this will have a positive impact on him but it could easily have a negative impact, giving such a dickhead an even stronger feeling of authority and arrogance 

His attitude is the reason he's captain. 

People obviously don't watch our games and make stuff up, which is fine and part of football, but it's a bit tiring. :lol: He's a whinge, like 90% of footballers, but he's also a leader on the pitch, has incredible workrate, is one of the best players in the world and one of the best players we've ever had. Not sure I've ever seen someone so criminally underrated because people dislike them. 

He's also never injured and available for every single game. Mental people think Casemiro should be captain ahead of him when 1) he isn't as good as Fernandes and 2) he missed half the season due to a lack of discipline.

I’m not underrating him as a footballer, I’m saying his attitude is pathetic and that that can be toxic. I’ve seen a bunch of ex-Man U players criticise him for his attitude, Schmeichel being one of them. It might be a leadership quality to be a dickhead when things are going your way, let’s see how it goes if Man U have difficult runs of form 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

His attitude is the reason he's captain. 

People obviously don't watch our games and make stuff up, which is fine and part of football, but it's a bit tiring. :lol: He's a whinge, like 90% of footballers, but he's also a leader on the pitch, has incredible workrate, is one of the best players in the world and one of the best players we've ever had. Not sure I've ever seen someone so criminally underrated because people dislike them. 

He's also never injured and available for every single game. Mental people think Casemiro should be captain ahead of him when 1) he isn't as good as Fernandes and 2) he missed half the season due to a lack of discipline.

Casemiro isn’t better than Bruno, are you for real Frogman? 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Casemiro isn’t better than Bruno, are you for real Frogman? 

He's not even close. Source: watched every minute they both played last year.

Casemiro started brilliant, but wasn't even that good when we came back from the second suspension, and actually cost us points in places. Fernandes is on another level. I don't think people understand just how good he is and how important he is for us.

People just seem to turn a blind eye to his contribution since he joined us. It's genuinely staggering.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's not even close. Source: watched every minute they both played last year.

Casemiro started brilliant, but wasn't even that good when we came back from the second suspension, and actually cost us points in places. Fernandes is on another level. I don't think people understand just how good he is and how important he is for us.

People just seem to turn a blind eye to his contribution since he joined us. It's genuinely staggering.

From an opposition perspective, I see Bruno in your line up I don’t care. I see Casemiro i worry. 

Maybe your right, I definitely don’t see a world a world class player in Bruno. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

From an opposition perspective, I see Bruno in your line up I don’t care. I see Casemiro i worry. 

Maybe your right, I definitely don’t see a world a world class player in Bruno. 

Genuinely incomprehensible to me that someone wouldn't think Bruno is world class. Even from a pure numbers standpoint, since he joined us he has 60+ goals and 50+ assists. Only one other player in the top five leagues has more. Some little Argentinian fella. Can't remember his name.

Casemiro has helped a lot at the same time. We've been crying out for a DM for years and Fernandes has been doing all the defending as well as the attacking. Fernandes created the most chances and big chances last year out of anyone. His xA was 16.31 against actual assists of 8. If you go and watch a compilation of him last year almost all the clips end up with Weghorst or Rashford missing the chance. :lol: Everyone thinks Rashford was amazing last year as well but he wasted a lot of chances and Weghorst is obviously a big pile of shite.

Fernandes' numbers with someone like Kane/Haaland up top would be frightening. Really hope Hojlund can do the business.