Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

19 minutes ago, Disco said:

Have they? Don't know whether it shows it works or it's not being implemented in that league but I've never seen anyone binned in the Northern League games I've been too.

Aye we saw it at Seaham Red Star a couple of weeks ago as we were thoroughly confused about what the hell was going on.

Been going for 5 years according to this but it was the first time I'd seen it.

https://northernleaguetalkblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/22/sin-bin-rules-to-be-implemented-in-the-northern-league-next-season/

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I would say I’m happy not to have to share any part of the ground with someone that said trans people were nonces much like I’d be delighted to never have to sit next to someone that’s called someone a racial slur. 

I’m fairly confident in myself I won’t tweet such things. I understand your point of view and if there was any sort of doubt or grey area I’d agree but she tweeted some absolutely vile stuff. No place for that in football or society imo

the key point is someone complained to the club and the club didn’t like what they saw. 

Any sympathy I had was well gone when she lied and said all she said was sex was real and then went on a right wing tour defending herself 

anyway we’ll move on. 

Aye we're all grown ups here - we clearly hold different values and that's OK. Agreed on the complaint being the catalyst for the ban, the club was put in a position and it acted.

Not sure how much you read of my previous responses, but I do also think everything that's she written is abhorrent, just want to make that clear I'm not condoning her actions or views.

It happens pretty often. Not an everyday occurrence but definitely pretty regular in the NL. As far as I'm aware it's only for dissent.

To be honest there has been occasions I've even missed it happening - as I don't believe they show a card. Only noticing afterwards when the player comes back on or it's mentioned by others there.

Edited by ponsaelius

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It happens pretty often. Not an everyday occurrence but definitely pretty regular in the NL. As far as I'm aware it's only for dissent.

To be honest there has been occasions I've even missed it happening - as I don't believe they show a card. Only noticing afterwards when the player comes back on or it's mentioned by others there.

Genuinely never seen. TBF I can barely remember seeing much dissent, way more likely a ruck with other players than anything to the officials. 

My main takeaway from non-league games and stuff that has changed has been linesman being called liner not lino. Hideous scenes.

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Rush goalies. 

Rush goalies was when the keeper could play outfield too.  There was another one for anyone in the box could be keeper, can't remember what it was called.  Spot goalies maybe?

Just now, loki679 said:

Rush goalies was when the keeper could play outfield too.  There was another one for anyone in the box could be keeper, can't remember what it was called.  Spot goalies maybe?

We played 'fog man back' 

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

Interesting. I imagine this will become a regional debate. A quick Google says others definitely called it rush too but the official definition is indeed in line with you. Every day is a school day. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

We played 'fog man back' 

That and "rush goalie/keeper" were the same.thing round our way.

Rush goalie when the keeper can play outfield? Like they can anyway ?

The blue card idea is utterly absurd

Less so the idea as I understand the frustration behind it but moreso the referees are struggling with things as they are, adding another element of significant decision making is hardly going to make things better

I give it one game where the inconsistencies are highlighted and no doubt the bigger teams will benefit from it 

On 07/02/2024 at 16:22, christ said:

Two things:

1) These aren’t jokes or concerns. She’s basically peddling far right conspiracies.

2) She unmasked herself by posting this shite publicly in her own name.

Conspiracies? Was it not an opinion? That she thinks a man is a man and woman is woman? 

19 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

The blue card idea is utterly absurd

Less so the idea as I understand the frustration behind it but moreso the referees are struggling with things as they are, adding another element of significant decision making is hardly going to make things better

I give it one game where the inconsistencies are highlighted and no doubt the bigger teams will benefit from it 

Can't be having Crap Bruno spending 80 minutes in there for his petulance, can we?