Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

The EFL have agreed a new TV rights deal with Sky. The 3pm KO blackout remains, but they will be putting 6 12:30pm Saturday KO’s from the Championship, League One, and League Two on per weekend.

All League Cup, EFL trophy, bank holiday, 1st games of the season, last game of the season, midweek, Christmas, and New Year games will be shown on TV.

Sky are to launch a streaming service/red button for it.

All lives games will have commentary, and multiple camera angles, and iFollow will cease to exist in the U.K.

The deal is worth 50% more than the previous deal, but less than the deal DAZN offered for every single game.

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The EFL have agreed a new TV rights deal with Sky. The 3pm KO blackout remains, but they will be putting 6 12:30pm Saturday KO’s from the Championship, League One, and League Two on per weekend.

All League Cup, EFL trophy, bank holiday, 1st games of the season, last game of the season, midweek, Christmas, and New Year games will be shown on TV.

Sky are to launch a streaming service/red button for it.

All lives games will have commentary, and multiple camera angles, and iFollow will cease to exist in the U.K.

The deal is worth 50% more than the previous deal, but less than the deal DAZN offered for every single game.

Does this mean no DAZN? Also, why go with the Sky deal if it was less? We're never getting a single platform to rule them all, are we? 

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Does this mean no DAZN? Also, why go with the Sky deal if it was less? We're never getting a single platform to rule them all, are we? 

Yeah, that means no DAZN.

I think some clubs, especially lower league clubs were a bit apprehensive to drop the 3pm KO, and I guess they weren’t confident of it passing a vote.

They could have got past that if they decided to give League One & Two clubs a bigger share so that it would outweigh any loss in crowds, and you know, have been able to allow them to sell tickets at much less.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I wish this element of 'analysis' would fuck off man. A thread on how a penalty was taken FFS. 

:lol: Thought it was going to be satire when I saw '1/5'.

I don’t have an issue with the last part where it actually shows some data about how he’s taking longer and longer over his pens. The other stuff is a complete waste of time

10 hours ago, Wullie said:

That's an absolutely enormous increase in live games. They currently show 138. My wife will be over the moon.

I'm curious how they're going to do it, given the 3pm blackout is still around, feels like 3pm games are going to become a thing of the past.

Just minor grumble, listening to Athletic's podcast preview of weekend and they are talking about us and what we may do if we achieve champions league and the only talk about what we may do is that maybe we'll try and sign neymar?

Of course we fucking won't that completely breaks our whole model, we are not going to sign a superstar on 3x the wages of the rest of the squad combined ffs. Is it too much for pundits to have a bit of a clue?

4 hours ago, 54 said:

I'm curious how they're going to do it, given the 3pm blackout is still around, feels like 3pm games are going to become a thing of the past.

Are a lot going to be midweek 'Red Button' games for example where all 12 games are live. 

11 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Just minor grumble, listening to Athletic's podcast preview of weekend and they are talking about us and what we may do if we achieve champions league and the only talk about what we may do is that maybe we'll try and sign neymar?

Of course we fucking won't that completely breaks our whole model, we are not going to sign a superstar on 3x the wages of the rest of the squad combined ffs. Is it too much for pundits to have a bit of a clue?

Everything we've done so far has been professional, Holt and Co would love us to spend a fortune on older expensive players that would make us crash and burn.

On another note, has the sportswashing started yet ? 

On 06/05/2023 at 20:26, Rafalove said:

Don’t like it, or at least the outside. It just looks like the Allianz Arena. I can picture someone floating around a lazy river in it.

Edited by Kimbo

Nice touch by Declan Rice there, but the cynic in me wonders if this is the new tactic... crying kids. Also, kid so overwhelmed at seeing his hero, doesn't forget to ask for his shirt tho.

Like I say, maybe just me being an old cynic.

Random thought for the day, I wonder if clubs like west ham regret signing up and backing FFP. It doesn’t help level the playing field, if anything it hurts it and secondly it stops then from actually getting top dollar for a player like Rice as only a small pool of buyers can actually buy him.