Southampton 1-4 Newcastle United (06/11/2022)

BlueStar

18 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

The grasping for pleasure, after they scored, with “No clean sheet for the Geordies!” Cracked me up. 

And here we are. A team with a defence so legendary that just scoring a goal against it, is deemed a small victory. As this beast cannot be slain, taking a small token chink of its armour was thought noteworthy. :indi:Next! 

Southampton made a good start, but after 10 minutes, I just knew we were going to win. Even though we didn't have as many attacks, what we had looked far more likely to penetrate.

This team has so much confidence in what they are doing, and that confidence is very infectious.

We deserved to concede atleast one yesterday. Some very nervy moments. The miss at the back post first half, the misplaced Botman pass with the Adams miss and then the eventually sloppy goal we did give. 

Was pleasing to hear that the players and Eddie weren't happy with the performance and yet still won 4:1

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Each time I see it I still cannot work out what Ainsley Maitland Niles was trying to do for our first goal :lol:

I think Miggy slightly gets a slow touch on the ball and almost runs ahead of it then feins to shoot and in that split second AMN realises he’d be taking out man not ball so he hesitates then realises he needs to block possible shot and gets caught in two minds and leaves Miggy in the clear. Dare say you could argue it’s a great dummy but AMN probably did make Miggy’s mind up for him.

25 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

His strength and shielding is ridiculous. He seems impossible to knock off the ball at times unless you foul him. 

Aye, it's mad how good he is at using his body to win fouls or hold off the opposition.  It's not like he is a big, physical type with his frame. 

I've said on here before, but he rally does remind me of Fabregas the way he gets his body in between him and the ball and how he always manages to find half a yard of space on the turn.