Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I think we will see lascelles back for this one for schar.

rest schar and burn for chelsea, give target and manquillo a game.

something like: 

—————-pope—————-

manq—lscelles—bot—target

——elliot——shelvey——Jow—-

Fraser——wood——ASM

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Darls

Manky Lassie Bottie Targs

Staffy Shelves Josie

Ells Woody Murpho

Reads like a stag do, so let Tindall manage this one, Eddie can take the day off 

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

We're 3rd in the league with a 6 week break coming up. There's no better time to attack a cup match

No need to play a team made up fully of the youngsters and B team. Obviously some rotation but nowt too drastic

Absolutely. We have the January window to strengthen also. The teams around us in the league also have Europe adding to their fixture lists in the new year while we don't. They will also have more players at the world cup than we do. The stars could actually be aligning in our favour for once. We should absolutely be going for the cups. 

I hope to see a strong team out. 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Pope

Manquillo     Burn      Botman   Targett

Shelvey       Joelinton

Anderson

Fraser            Wood               ASM

That's what I'd go for. No reason Joelinton can't start when he's finishing up after this week, also Pope could easily start too, ASM needs the time on the field. We can't go too weak because we still want to try and win a cup too like. Only issue I have is Wood, I'd love to start Wilson but we need him for Saturday. 

Absolutely no reason not to start Miggy IMO. The lad is as fit as anyone, him playing tomorrow won't impact his performance on Saturday at all.

Only argument would be that he'd be a decent impact sub, whether we're winning or chasing a goal, but I'd rather play our best players and use the five subs if we're doing well.

Cant argue with the rest of that team mind. 

We recently played Man U, Everton & Spurs in a 7 day period with minimal rotation if I remember correctly. No reason why we won’t see pretty much the same 11 (maybe 1/2 changes) tomorrow and Saturday before a long break. 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Palace fans expecting them to rest quite a few tomorrow.

Aye, Waugh saying on the Athletic podcast that the Palace reporter for the Athletic reckons they’ll play a load of youngsters.

Christ, I find it depressing seeing supporters advocating 'resting' most of the team for a cup match.  Most of them have a month and a half off after this weekend FFS.  Field as strong a side as fitness allows and let's try and actually fucking win something.  We can disrespect the League Cup once we've won a few.  HTL

27 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Christ, I find it depressing seeing supporters advocating 'resting' most of the team for a cup match.  Most of them have a month and a half off after this weekend FFS.  Field as strong a side as fitness allows and let's try and actually fucking win something.  We can disrespect the League Cup once we've won a few.  HTL

This 👍🏼

13 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Mrs G & I gonna grace L7 & windmill cockerrrrrkneeeeees. 

1st game for years.

Man City at home, Dec 27th 2017. Got beat 1-0 

Took the dog out when I got back and she had an accident running around the field. Snapped her back and lost the use of her hind legs. Total freak accident 😭

Had to have her put to sleep at 4am.

New dog, new team, new hope. 

RIP Bella x

That awful man. I know it’s five years ago, but feel for you. 

(oh, and perhaps you better stay away 😉)