Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Dont have the depth, but the next round is the QF. Put out a weaker team this time round, then if we go through we have a great chance, I'd expect 2 or more of the big 6 to fall this week.

We're 3rd in the league with a 6 week break coming up. There's no better time to attack a cup match

No need to play a team made up fully of the youngsters and B team. Obviously some rotation but nowt too drastic

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We're 3rd in the league with a 6 week break coming up. There's no better time to attack a cup match

No need to play a team made up fully of the youngsters and B team. Obviously some rotation but nowt too drastic

Yep, Think our B team is better than people think. A front 6 of Shelvey, Joelinton, Anderson, ASM, Wood, Fraser is pretty strong.

14 minutes ago, danny said:

Didnt expect it to be popular oponion :lol:, but i stand by what i said

Mate if I die and see us win fuck all I’d be gutted, I’m in my 50’s, I want us to go for this .

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

This is how I feel. It won't be an easy game, and the more changes we make the more risk we have for failing to win. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

I don’t think there’s been league cup replays since the 70s or something? [emoji38]

Howay man. A Newcastle fan doesn't know about cup competitions? Give me a break.:lol:

28 minutes ago, TRC said:

Dont have the depth, but the next round is the QF. Put out a weaker team this time round, then if we go through we have a great chance, I'd expect 2 or more of the big 6 to fall this week.

Next round is last 16 not QF.

Pope

Manquillo     Burn      Botman   Targett

Shelvey       Joelinton

Anderson

Fraser            Wood               ASM

That's what I'd go for. No reason Joelinton can't start when he's finishing up after this week, also Pope could easily start too, ASM needs the time on the field. We can't go too weak because we still want to try and win a cup too like. Only issue I have is Wood, I'd love to start Wilson but we need him for Saturday. 

Edited by Decky