Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

22 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf he better. 5 of them could be starting tonight 😂😂😂

7 of them could've been starting if Darlow wasn't injured and you include those on the bench that night. How utterly ridiculous is that. ;D

10 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

We'll be giving our top players a rest but CP won't and I think we might lose on penalties. I hope I'm wrong though. Sitting 4th in in the league it must be difficult for Eddie to prioritize league or cup

Sitting 3rd. :snod:

Aye Darlow, Lascelles and Targett surely all guaranteed starters.

Howe has been saying Ritchie's had a long term injury, but I note that the lad is only ten appearances away from 200 and my conspiracy theory is that we're blocking him from an automatic extension. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

my conspiracy theory is that we're blocking him from an automatic extension

Mike Ashley has reprogrammed our brains hasn't he :lol: I honestly don't think they'd care these days, we'd likely let him leave for nowt anyway if a club close to home that he was happy to move to came in for him, regardless of length of contract.

Was actually saying in the pub on Sunday that we'd deliberately not play Shelvey for same reasons under Ashley (granted he's involved in the first team much more that Ritchie).

42 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aye Darlow, Lascelles and Targett surely all guaranteed starters.

Howe has been saying Ritchie's had a long term injury, but I note that the lad is only ten appearances away from 200 and my conspiracy theory is that we're blocking him from an automatic extension. 

To be honest, I would more imagine that they're colluding to not make him look bad in public when they're in agreement that he's finished at our level of football. Howe was making some noises about 'not wanting to lose him' in the summer but that 'he was fancying a move closer to his home' which I think was the same thing, trying to help Ritchie negotiate from a better position with a future club.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

To be honest, I would more imagine that they're colluding to not make him look bad in public when they're in agreement that he's finished at our level of football. Howe was making some noises about 'not wanting to lose him' in the summer but that 'he was fancying a move closer to his home' which I think was the same thing, trying to help Ritchie negotiate from a better position with a future club.

:lol: fucking brutal. We're saving you from yourself, Ritchie lad. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: fucking brutal. We're saving you from yourself, Ritchie lad. 

:lol: to be clear, I meant Ritchie was involved in that fiction too. From what I'd know, he seems like the sort who'd be honest with himself about what he can and can't do at his age, and him and Howe have old loyalties going back to Bournemouth of course.