Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

It's not that strange a thought from BG given that in the aftermath of the last England tournament game several of our players were racially abused. 

Absolutely. Even putting to one side the disgraceful abuse they suffered, it was absolutely mint to see them get on the scoresheet after what happened in the last really meaningful England game, in a purely footballing sense. 

Having not really thought about England that much since last July you're reminded today of just how likeable and easy to root for they are. Especial with a few Newcastle lads in there. 

My fellow Americans, I don't mean to discredit the boy, but are we seriously meant to believe that from the pool of anyone born from roughly 1984 to 2007 in all 50 states + various territories and expatriates abroad, the best striker available for the World Cup is Josh Sargeant? I cannot believe this to be the case. The US is very strong in midfield and wide positions at the moment, but the strikers, keeper, and defenders are below their usual standard,  imo. 

There is enough in this team to beat Wales and make the knockout stage if we play well, though.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Would it be worth putting Rice at center back instead of Maguire and bring Phiilips into midfield, I know it will never happen but I think just now we are a great defender away from winning this thing.

Ream-Zimmerman CB pairing have the combined turning radius of an aircraft carrier.

8 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

My fellow Americans, I don't mean to discredit the boy, but are we seriously meant to believe that from the pool of anyone born from roughly 1984 to 2007 in all 50 states + various territories and expatriates abroad, the best striker available for the World Cup is Josh Sargeant? I cannot believe this to be the case. The US is very strong in midfield and wide positions at the moment, but the strikers, keeper, and defenders are below their usual standard,  imo. 

There is enough in this team to beat Wales and make the knockout stage if we play well, though.

He is in form, but yeah it’s pretty slim pickings. I wonder if Weah or Pulisic starts centrally with Sargent out right.

36 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

It's not that strange a thought from BG given that in the aftermath of the last England tournament game several of our players were racially abused. 

As a black African man, reading the comment made me cringe tbh. I found it embarrassing.

It's just the internet though so whatever. In real life, I would have stood up and gone elsewhere. Find it incredibly uncomfortable how much you lot go on about race.

We just watched a great game and nothing racial happened whatsoever, and there's always someone aching to go on about how '4 black lads scored' and how the racists must be so mad.

It's really weird man. But you lot really seem to gain something from this sort of chat so carry on I guess. But I want you all to know it's really weird.

5 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Roy Keane looks like a right miserable tramp these days

I'm no authority on fashion and grooming but I've really never understood that beard. Adds about thirty years onto him. :lol:

19 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

mellor-city.jpg