Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly VAR just needs sacking off.  It’s a stupid fucking idea and the game is no more consistently refereed than it was before

The only problem I've got with VAR itself is the waiting to be sure its a goal.  I can't blame the ability to see a video replay of a incident for bad decisions, with good decision makers that will always be better than not having it.  It also removes the excuse of "I didn't see it", we know they saw it, we know they're cheating without a doubt.

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Fifa: "It would be good for the Arab teams to look strong in this world cup"
Referees: "Thank you for the unmarked, non-descript brown enevelopes"

I understand the sentiment, but Iranians aren't Arabs.

Excellent win and performance. Really enjoyed Wilson's wee cameo at the end. Makes all the difference watching England, when you have a couple of our lads involved. :)

Mind, bet the gammon will be hating 4 black lads scoring today. :coolsmiley:

Edited by Big Geordie

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Excellent win and performance. Really enjoyed Wilson's wee cameo at the end. Makes all the difference watching England, when you have a couple of our lads involved. :)

Mind, bet the gammon will be hating 4 black lads scoring today. :coolsmiley:

I find it weird this is what you were thinking about while watching the game tbh. Very very strange and suspicious.

That was brilliant and I'm really looking forward to the next one now.

In all seriousness, you can't really knock folks for losing a bit of patience with Southgate given the form this year but those Nations League/friendly matches really do mean bugger all, and were frankly gratuitous in terms of their scheduling. Early days in this one but in the tournaments the manager's choices have been vindicated time and time again and this afternoon's events only suggests a continuation of that. Of course Iran are no world-beaters but they're lightyears ahead of Panama and barely conceded a goal in qualifying. 

You can only play what's in front of you and that is an opponent that, pre-Southgate, we struggle against. Hugely impressive start. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That was brilliant and I'm really looking forward to the next one now.

In all seriousness, you can't really knock folks for losing a bit of patience with Southgate given the form this year but those Nations League/friendly matches really do mean bugger all, and were frankly gratuitous in terms of their scheduling. Early days in this one but in the tournaments the manager's choices have been vindicated time and time again and this afternoon's events only suggests a continuation of that. Of course Iran are no world-beaters but they're lightyears ahead of Panama and barely conceded a goal in qualifying. 

You can only play what's in front of you and that is an opponent that, pre-Southgate, we struggle against. Hugely impressive start. 

Other than some defensive lapses/carelessness, that was very very good. Iran weren't up to much but England looked a lot more fluent and inventive than I expected, Southgate got this right, actually looking forward to watching the next one.

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I find it weird this is what you were thinking about while watching the game tbh. Very very strange and suspicious.

Stop going on like you're working for the Stasi man :lol: 

Edited by Kid Icarus