Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

Just now, Donut said:

Mexico are awful as well. They've barely created a decent chance for about 170 minutes of football so far.

They basically just parked the bus. It would have worked as well but for a pretty great strike from Messi. I can see Argentina finding space now and getting a second.

Argentina have had several decent breaks into Mexico’s half where someone running with the ball has taken an awful touch and the whole thing has fallen apart. They look really sloppy. Hopefully Messi can keep dragging them through games 

Just now, Pilko said:

Argies starting to come to the boil. People will soon forget that Saudi defeat if they keep improving, I'd not be writing them off just yet.

Exactly. It’s not how you start the tournament. It’s how you finish it. I think one of the reasons England have done well over the last few years is because we have managed our energy well.

Argentine on 2006, I think started the tournament with some of the best football seen at a World Cup but couldn’t maintain it, and crashed out in the knockout stages despite everyone saying they were unstoppable.