1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, STM said:

The Leicester game is very tough.

They are good attacking side. If we get through that unscathed we will be ok.

Agreed, but a bit like Spurs away, we owe Leicester one to peacock our progression

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We have a decent run of games post World Cup and in and around January-early February. Well in with a shout of CL depending on who we bring in in January.

Bournemouth (h) (LC)

Leicester (a)

Leeds (h)

Arsenal (a)

FAC 3rd Round 

Fulham (h)

Palace (a)

West Ham (h)

18 more points right there along with two more cup wins. :pow:

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

From what I can see it's our 3rd highest points tally after 15 games in the Premier League era.

1995/6 - P15, Pts 38

1994/5 - P15, Pts 33

2022/3 - P15, Pts 30

1996/7 - P15, Pts 29

38 points man, bloody hell.

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBH we could almost have had 38 with a bit of luck. Certainly 35ish.

It's been said over and over again but we should have the absolute minimum an additional two points because of Palace. Bring Anfield into it and it's five like you say. 

I genuinely think we'll be in the title race until the end. The break won't harm us. 

Leicester and Leeds are huge games, not only because we need to continue how we left off before Christmas but also because we then play Aresnal after them.

How massive would it be to go into that Aresnal game on a 12 game unbeaten run or having won the last 7 games in a row. I do genuinely think looking at how Arsenal play we are one of the few teams with the style of play to hurt them considerably. Depending how things go, that game could be 1st vs 2nd.

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

What did Leicester’s weekly position  look like their title winning season? They weren’t in first for the majority were they?

In and out at the start but stayed top rest of the season post Christmas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_Leicester_City_F.C._season#Results_by_matchday

I do think that a better barometer for us this season is their 2019-20 season; they stuttered massively post Christmas that season but the first half of it is the most recent side that I think we can compare ourselves to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Leicester_City_F.C._season#Results_by_matchday

IF we get into Europe, don't you need to have 4 homegrown players in squad? As in trained at the club before 21?

We'd really struggle with that. I know there's a rule where if they're under 21 or they don't have to be counted or something (maybe?).

Bring back Timmy Krul.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Hypothetically, if i told you I was an ITK who could tell you for certain that we are bringing in an incredible attacking talent for 50m+, where would you predict we finish?

I'd prefer you could guarantee me that our current key players stay fit which gives me far more confidence than a new signing

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

I'd prefer you could guarantee me that our current key players stay fit which gives me far more confidence than a new signing

I was actually trying to lure you into a trap.

I was actually referring to Isak.:lol:

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

IF we get into Europe, don't you need to have 4 homegrown players in squad? As in trained at the club before 21?

We'd really struggle with that. I know there's a rule where if they're under 21 or they don't have to be counted or something (maybe?).

Bring back Timmy Krul.

Yeah, need 4 players that were at the club for at least 3 years between 15-21. 

So at the minute you’d only have Dummett, Longstaff and Anderson qualifying. You’d have to include one of the likes of Watts, De Bolle, M Longstaff etc. 

And there’s not really an easy fix for next season as bringing in youngsters from elsewhere doesn’t help you in the short term. 

20 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah, need 4 players that were at the club for at least 3 years between 15-21. 

So at the minute you’d only have Dummett, Longstaff and Anderson qualifying. You’d have to include one of the likes of Watts, De Bolle, M Longstaff etc. 

And there’s not really an easy fix for next season as bringing in youngsters from elsewhere doesn’t help you in the short term. 

I've never been a big proponent of bringing Toney back but would he count?

How has Mbabu looked at Fulham?

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Does Gillespie not also count? 

By my quick Wiki math no. It says he was with us '00-'08, born '92 which makes him 16 when he left so doesn't meet the 3 years 15-21 criteria Stev mentioned.

27 minutes ago, wormy said:

I've never been a big proponent of bringing Toney back but would he count?

How has Mbabu looked at Fulham?

I think the £50m+ it would cost to bring him back would probably be a bit steep just to fulfil some criteria 

19 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

If my FM memory serves you don’t “need” to fill those squad places and players under a certain age (18?) don’t have to be registered, so it’s not like we won’t be able to play in Europe without another homegrown player.

Think the 4 academy players thing is a requirement like. There’s also a requirement to have 8 “English” players, although that one obviously wouldn’t be an issue for us.