57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If we go for him, I think it’s not that simple. Bruno will play the 6 role, Maddison will play an 8/10. And you have 1 of Joelinton, Longstaff or Willock playing the other 8 role. But you could then also drop in Shelvey as a 6 and have Maddison and Bruno as 8’s. 

Or we could play it game by game, like Howe does, and let the little fuckers fight it out. :thup: :aww:

25 minutes ago, STM said:

If ever there was a time to hoy another 10m on a player of Maddisons calibre, January would be the time to do it. Strike while iron is hot.

He wouldn't even need to go straight into the starting 11. Wait until we hit a bump in the road and rotate him and Isak into the starting line up. 4th would be ours.

Assuming we are in contention for the top four come January then he should be the one signing we make, otherwise wait till the summer.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Any player we sign now becomes part of a squad, a squad that is anticipating European football soon and therefore should expect to be rotated from time to time.

Whether it be Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or a Maddison, they all need to come in to the side on merit and understand they might have sit a game out when tactically required.

The only time a set 11 would come into play is when play "big" games and even then Howe might have horses for courses.

Not a rant at you Yorkie. :lol:

Yeah I can see any new players being blended in slowly, first they would have to be brought up to speed into our playing style and intensity. Just have to look at how Miggy, Willock and Longstaff have improved immeasurablly since they have been drilled into playing the Howe way. It can take time with even the best players to get up to speed.

Just now, TRon said:

Yeah I can see any new players being blended in slowly, first they would have to be brought up to speed into our playing style and intensity. Just have to look at how Miggy, Willock and Longstaff have improved immeasurablly since they have been drilled into playing the Howe way. It can take time with even the best players to get up to speed.

It's also a clever boost. Just when you get an unwanted result, you bring a lad fresh of the rank, ready to inject some enthusiasm back into the team.

Worked with Bruno like a charm.

Top half and a cup run for me is still the target - wonder if we can secure both by the end of January and enjoy the accumulation of bonus points for those final four months of the season?

Edit: just realised how long it has been since I deliberately looked at the bottom of the table first.  Fucking magic

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Madison is a bit of a windup merchant but he seems to have a brilliant hardworking attitude and speaks extremely well about the game. I think he'd be a perfect fit in terms of his personality and quality for us. 

Chelsea are nothing to be scared of, especially at SJP. Finishing with another 3pts would be sensational. 

Then we've got quite a favourable run of games after the World Cup so there's opportunity to pick up exactly where we left off and keep the wins rolling in.

Aresnal are the only "top 6" team we play in the first 7 games after the resumption of the season.

I’ll update the end of month ‘on track’ chart after the Chelsea game. Included a chart showing points per game (ppg) for top six finishes, compared to our current ppg, thus far, and our past ppgs. 

01F9CD60-942D-463C-BF61-E12B7FA2A841.thumb.png.4ab7728e56df63e8a16b21557940a4a0.png

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

11 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Madison is a bit of a windup merchant but he seems to have a brilliant hardworking attitude and speaks extremely well about the game. I think he'd be a perfect fit in terms of his personality and quality for us. 

His real personality is much more likeable than some of his on-field behaviour has been. He seems a really intelligent and honest player, he would be great mates with Eddie Howe IMO.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

His real personality is much more likeable than some of his on-field behaviour has been. He seems a really intelligent and honest player, he would be great mates with Eddie Howe IMO.

Yes he comes across in interviews better than he does on the pitch. Still can’t see him in a high fast pressing team still. We might do the deal if figures make sense and player himself pushing for it with the right attitude. Not sure we’d get into a transfer battle with anyone or pay over the odds with so little left on his contract.

I don’t think they’ve done bad really. They’ve improved the training ground, expanded the stadium, brought Klopp, won the league and champions league, and increase commercial revenue, and put in place a decent scouting system. It’s difficult to compete when you have a number of very wealthy owners, both at the top end and lower down , plus the huge revenue streams of Manchester United, it’s very difficult to keep up even with Liverpool’s very own huge revenue streams.