The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Whatever happens on Thursday night ever single fucker in the ground needs to stay till the very end. No sneaking off early as its a bit late, support to the very end and clap them as they walk round. Hopefully we do the business leaving us to secure it vs Leicester. 

5 minutes ago, SAK said:

Think we’re sleep walking out the CL places. Brighton are better than us at the moment, Leicester are fighting for their PL status, and Chelsea away isn’t easy.

We've literally won 8 of our last 11 like, not sure how that is sleepwalking out of the Champions League spots :lol:

Mad game like.

A win and I'd be on 9 or 10

A loss and I'd be on 3 or 4

A draw and I'm still on 6.5

One thing's for sure though, the performances need to improve immediately. I've heard so many times "if we play like we did against Arsenal..." in a positive way, but I thought we were poor then too tbh and obviously first half against Southampton too. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, SAK said:

Think we’re sleep walking out the CL places. Brighton are better than us at the moment, Leicester are fighting for their PL status, and Chelsea away isn’t easy.

How good are Everton then? :lol:

Brighton are good but so are we and we are at home.

I like that we're not in Leeds position this season and worried about being relegated. I would've snapped your fingers off for for 5th at the start of the season, and will be happy with it now still. Fact is we're still in 3rd and we've 2 home games left to go, this season is a resounding success, even with the odd few games.

One thing we need to remember is we have a small squad, with a style of football that's incredibly intense for alot of the season, tired legs at this point shouldn't be surprising, next season i can see investment to help get more depth that will be essential 

So many bottlers in the fan base. That performance today is EXACTLY what I expected going into a game with a team desperate for a result, in a hostile atmosphere, and with a new manager. Why do people seem to forget it isn’t always about the game we’re trying to play… so many factors go into a result and performance.

Look at the positives.

1) We’re 1 point closer to where we need to be. 

2) We have two home games in a row where we can confirm our destiny.

3) Liverpool have the potential to slip up twice this week, and if they do even once we can confirm it by Thursday night.

Lastly, it helps absolutely no one for stupid fans (you know who you are) calling the players bottlers. They’ve got us into a position where they are two wins away from guaranteeing Champions League football. Today’s performance wasn’t the norm, it was a battling display against another team fighting for their lives. The players and manager have been phenomenal this season and stupid reactions don’t help anyone at all.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

Because of this performance I’ve decided to start supporting Manchester City, which I feel is an appropriately measured reaction.

More measured would just be to accept that whatever position a team is in fans always have and always will have justifiable doubts.

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

We battered you at home more than they battered you at home in fairness.

You did. While we comfortably shut you out in the cup final, there wasn't a great deal of space allowed. Brighton have given us a shit load of chances every time we've played. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

Love how Leicester are fighting for survival so it's going to be a hard game now yet it's somehow seen as a guaranteed win for Liverpool :lol:

Other teams only get the easy version of teams when they play them, we get the hard version of them that we need to worry about.

Unless of course they are bottom half and then we should win easily and if we don't then the world is ending, because other teams can't have good games. Is that right?

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Love how Leicester are fighting for survival so it's going to be a hard game now yet it's somehow seen as a guaranteed win for Liverpool :lol:

:thup: I’m extremely skeptical of Liverpool winning all of their remaining fixtures.

Don’t feel too bad after that, even if the performance was patchy. That was an absolute cunt of a game that had banana skin written all over it. Means we need six points from the last three games - two of which are at home - which is achievable.

The team I’m looking at to do is a favour is Villa. If they win against Spurs today they will be looking at top 6 as achievable and are going to make life difficult for Liverpool at Anfield.

I'm definitely becoming negative overall but I don't think it can be overstated just how much better a point was today than a loss. I think we can take positives from it and attack these two home games knowing we can do it if we win them both. Lose today and I think we'd be done. And we very much could have lost today.

Edited by ponsaelius