The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, midds said:

Huge huge win today and that's a massive step towards CL next year. Now if we can just take 10 points from the 4 games against the dross at the bottom of the league we'll be almost out of sight. Arsenal will have watched that and be more than a little scared, Brighton will be absolutely fucked at that point and Chelsea haven't given a single fuck all season. 

If we finished 3rd would we go into pot 3? 

No.

We will be in the bottom pot because we haven’t been in Europe for over 10 years.

I guess the only way we move up to pot 3 is if there is more teams who qualify for the Champions League pot 4 who haven’t been in Europe for the last 10 seasons than there is places.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think we finish on about 73 points.  CL football secured. 

I've just been going on the minimum we need to get us in the top 4, but yeah I can see around this tally now too. I think Chelsea will be the game we lose funnily enough. We'll beat the 4 bottom half side and get 4 points off Brighton and Arsenal. 

I’m going to say I wouldn’t want to be in pot 3 - I’d want as many big clubs as possible.  If NUFC qualify next year it will be as much about enjoying being back with the big boys well ahead of schedule - we’re still a few years away from any expectation of doing much in the competition 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I've just been going on the minimum we need to get us in the top 4, but yeah I can see around this tally now too. I think Chelsea will be the game we lose funnily enough. We'll beat the 4 bottom half side and get 4 points off Brighton and Arsenal. 

We might be able to wallop Chelsea imo. The crowd won’t be up for it. Last day for the manager. The players will have had their minds on the holidays for weeks. There’s no incentive for them to be up for it. 

IMO if Arsenal are realistically out the title race by our game I fear for that one. An Arsenal team coming up here motivated but without pressure with Arteta’s style being our weakness - it’s a challenge. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m going to say I wouldn’t want to be in pot 3 - I’d want as many big clubs as possible.  If NUFC qualify next year it will be as much about enjoying being back with the big boys well ahead of schedule - we’re still a few years away from any expectation of doing much in the competition 

I'm the same, give me a group of death and I guarantee we suprise some big teams with our intensity!

It's so hard not to talk like it's reality after that win.

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

I'm the same, give me a group of death and I guarantee we suprise some big teams with our intensity!

It's so hard not to talk like it's reality after that win.

100%.  I’d fancy us to get some good results in a group of heavy hitters - and they would give some great memories.  I want those who haven’t experienced it to experience it - all of my favourite CL memories with NUFC are my favourite live match day experiences.  Beating Juve and Barcelona for the glamour, watching us get a great score draw in the San Siro, the wins in Rotterdam and the draw in Zagreb etc - those days live on in the memory.  Or in the case of Barcelona, on a VHS tape at my mam and dad’s house - I was zoomed in on the ITV CL highlights swinging my shirt round my head.  Happily, I was about six stone lighter than today - nee-one would want to see me do that today …

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We might be able to wallop Chelsea imo. The crowd won’t be up for it. Last day for the manager. The players will have had their minds on the holidays for weeks. There’s no incentive for them to be up for it. 

IMO if Arsenal are realistically out the title race by our game I fear for that one. An Arsenal team coming up here motivated but without pressure with Arteta’s style being our weakness - it’s a challenge. 

No way man. I think regardless of the title race, us at home are different beast. Arsenal will be bricking coming up here. 

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

The fact that Man United, Spurs, Liverpool & Brighton all play at least one of the other is huge. 4 home games left, win just a couple of those and draw a few and we're there imo.

It's why today was even better than in many other circumstances. We just did our job in despatching one of our rivals. We've one more left in Brighton but they all get to take points from each other now also.

As much as everyone remains fearful of a Liverpool resurgence, even if they win their game in hand that puts them level on points with the team that are now beginning to be written off. One six goal win at Leeds and Klopp talking about things 'clicking' doesn't mean they actually have clicked, as evidenced by struggling to see off Forest.

My 5 is up to a 7 on the 'ometer. There can (and probably will) be twists and turns but it'll be a disappointing capitulation to miss out on a return to the CL now.

EDIT: And Liverpool's game in hand is only on Spurs, not even us. :aww:

Edited by wormy

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

The fact that Man United, Spurs, Liverpool & Brighton all play at least one of the other is huge. 4 home games left, win just a couple of those and draw a few and we're there imo.

Yeah we could definitely do with Spurs stopping being Spurs now :lol:

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It depends. From the top leagues all the teams you’d want to avoid would presumably be in pot 1 in anyway. Pot 2 would be difficult but winnable.

If I'm reading this right this season we could have been in groups like:

Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen or PSG

Barcelona or Juventus or Atletico

Dortmund or Inter or Napoli or Benfica

Newcastle

Obviously these are worst case scenarios but it could be rough (and fucking class). :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pata said:

If I'm reading this right this season we could have been in groups like:

Real Madrid or Bayern Munchen or PSG

Barcelona or Juventus or Atletico

Dortmund or Inter or Napoli or Benfica

Newcastle

Obviously these are worst case scenarios but it could be rough (and fucking class). :lol:

We were another six months of Ashley/Bruce from Rotherham, Huddersfield, and Wigan. [emoji38]