The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just seen that Brighton play Arsenal, us and Villa all away and Man City at home in their remaining 6 fixtures and have to make up 7 points on us assuming they win their game in hand. Even beating us they'd need 4. I heavily, heavily doubt that is happening.

Likewise, Spurs would have to overturn a 27 goal deficit and we'd have to lose every game and Spurs win every game for them to catch us now.

Realistically, only Liverpool pose a threat.

They could (quite conceivably) win their remaining three games. But no chance, we don't get 6 points from our last 5 games like.

So get packing folk.

Edited by Heron

59 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

If you assume the absolute worst and we lose both our games in hand to Arsenal and Brighton, we need to get 6 points against Leeds, Leicester and Chelsea. 

However we won’t lose both them games so it’s sound - draw one and that’s 2 games (4 points) they’d need to swing out of 3 games left. 

If we lose against Brighton and Arsenal we might need 6 points in the other 3 games.

34 minutes ago, Heron said:

Just seen that Brighton play Arsenal, us and Villa all away and Man City at home in their remaining 6 fixtures and have to make up 7 points on us assuming they win their game in hand. Even beating us they'd need 4. I heavily, heavily doubt that is happening.

Likewise, Spurs would have to overturn a 27 goal deficit and we'd have to lose every game and Spurs win every game for them to catch us now.

Realistically, only Liverpool pose a threat.

They could (quite conceivably) win their remaining three games. But no chance, we don't get 6 points from our last 5 games like.

So get packing folk.

That’s it. All aboard the joy ride! :indi:

Well, this is going well. 3 points in it and only 1 game in hand. Can only afford to lose 1 more game. Need to win at least 2 of 4

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Leeds away is a horrible game to have next man, would've been fine before Allardyce but its got a honking 1 nil defeat written all over 

Could at least wait till the final whistle

16 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

You have to consider Leeds a "must win" now.

They are all a must win now. Very little margin for error left 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're where we thought we'd be realistically before the last two weekends. Just need to make sure we beat Leeds. No complaints about today and we're still clear favourites for top 4.

I have a complaint about today but to be fair, it’s the same complaint I’ve been making for a while - we have no plan B. Arsenal have done the same as Villa did to us and we have no reply. We change personnel but the system, tactics and plan remains the same. Maybe we’d have still lost both games anyway but at least try something different if it’s blatantly obvious we’re getting bummed

Had a better feeling before the game today than I have against Leeds and Chelsea. Surprised that several players have lost their minds today, complete overdrive and zero rhythm.