The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I’m just frustrated that it’s dragging on, but I still think we’ll do it. These two night games are going to be very special occasions at SJP. Still don’t fear anyone at all at home and I really fancy us against a fading Brighton with over a day of preparation extra. Hope Arsenal dish out a spanking tomorrow.

We're 4 points clear of Liverpool with 3 games each to play. We'd all have took that at any stage this season going into the final 3 games.

2 massive home games coming up now.

Howay the lads!

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m just frustrated that it’s dragging on, but I still think we’ll do it. These two night games are going to be very special occasions at SJP. Still don’t fear anyone at all at home and I really fancy us against a fading Brighton with over a day of preparation extra. Hope Arsenal dish out a spanking tomorrow.

Going to have to make those two home games an absolute bear pit. No room for error now. 6/6 needed.

Just now, LFEE said:

Am I right in thinking we are last of the surrounding teams to

play before the final Sunday?

Nope, Man Utd play Chelsea on the Thursday before and Brighton vs City is on the Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Am I right in thinking we are last of the surrounding teams to

play before the final Sunday?

Us vs Leicester Monday 22nd, Brighton vs Man City Wednesday 24th, Man Utd vs Chelsea Thursday 25th.

Edit - snap :)

Edited by Interpolic

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nope, Man Utd play Chelsea on the Thursday before and Brighton vs City is on the Wednesday.

Thanks 👍🏻

Thats a tight turnaround for Man Utd. Glad we play after Liverpool.

Going into the game we needed 2 wins and a draw and if it turns out that the point today was the draw then so be it. Desperate for top 4 now and we have the perfect chance with 2 home games to wrap it up. If have to go to Chelsea needing a result then so be it. Nothing worth having comes easy and we've got 3 bites at the cherry now. Still pretty confident and glass is still firmly half full. 

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Brighton's response to the Everton game will have a big impact on our game with them on Thursday.

Another loss tomorrow and they'll have their tails down

Yeah, losing like that to a poor Everton side is either a freak result or a sign the wheels are coming off their season. Hopefully the latter. 

Everton have laid out the blueprint of how to play against Brighton. Defend narrow and deep and don't press their center backs, then be fast and wide in transition. We can do the latter but probably not the former. 

I think the games coming somewhat thick and fast now for us is something that works in our favour. Might be my imagination but feel our best performances this season have came when playing 3 games in 10 days or whatever. 

43 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Today was everything I expected. How is it you had us winning comfortably today?

Leeds are shit. They are 18th in the league after 36 games. They have the worst defence in the league.  Both individually and collectively. 

It wouldn’t take much for the crowd and the team to get their heads down if we went into the lead and held on to it for 20 minutes (at any point of the game) and we looked composed.  

They are no better than Everton who we swotted away. 

They didn’t offer much more than I expected. Willing runners with athletic players. Disrupted us. No class or composure in defence. 

After cooling down after the match, I actually feel a bit better about it. It’s all in our hands, we needed 7 points and we’ve got one of them in what was a very very tricky away game… one that had banana skin written all over it. Win 2 out of the last 3 and it’s 100% ours, and there’s still the possibility of Leicester or Villa springing a surprise. It’s crazy towards the end of the season and anything can happen.

I’m weirdly feeling ok… think two massive nights at St James’ under the lights are what this team thrives in.

34 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Think it's more likely to be Europa at this point. Two more wins will be a struggle.

Think you’re right sadly.  we’re definitely capable of winning our next three games I just get that feeling we won’t.