The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Reply with..

image.thumb.png.ffdc3d9c094d8a490f35cddd2b6d4959.png

Or any of these, just off the top of my head.

image.thumb.png.79d2f6dd9f143a02af333065d3ce927b.png

image.thumb.png.a81da1b17f480c7b03be73fe2fc5d82d.png

image.thumb.png.c3936c1fd713514a3bd27d51176a94ac.png

There are countless replies you could go back to him with like, almost one per match just for Fabinho alone. Funny how he's also conveniently forgotten about how Jota nearly kicked Skipp's wig off a few weeks ago, only got a yellow, stayed on and scored the winning goal - and now he's crying because Mings didn't get sent off for something nowhere near as bad. Nunez diving, Trent's handball, Salah's habitual diving, Isak offside, 8 minutes added time, all just off the top of my head. They wouldn't have been anywhere near the top 4 if they hadn't benefitted from the same atrocious officiating that he's now crying about finally going against them.

Just like how Spurs finally got dicked all over for playing shit football, Liverpool finally paid the price from the thing they've benefitted from countless times this season. Karma bites. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Or any of these, just off the top of my head.

image.thumb.png.79d2f6dd9f143a02af333065d3ce927b.png

image.thumb.png.a81da1b17f480c7b03be73fe2fc5d82d.png

image.thumb.png.c3936c1fd713514a3bd27d51176a94ac.png

There are countless replies you could go back to him with like, almost one per match just for Fabinho alone. Funny how he's also conveniently forgotten about how Jota nearly kicked Skipp's wig off a few weeks ago, only got a yellow and now he's crying because Mings didn't get sent off. They wouldn't have been anywhere near the top 4 if they hadn't benefitted from the same atrocious officiating that he's now crying about finally going against them.

Just like Spurs finally got dicked all over for playing shit football, Liverpool finally paid the same price they've benefitted from countless times this season. Karma bites. 

None of those were red? And they have the nerve to complain. 

So now that we have actually achieved top four and Champions League football, what goal/ moment was the moment you started to genuinely believe it was possible.

For me it's the Man United demolition just after our post League Cup slump.

Just now, 54 said:

So now that we have actually achieved top four and Champions League football, what goal/ moment was the moment you started to genuinely believe it was possible.

Spurs (H) 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Forest away was when I thought we'd do it. Around the time we were hammering Villa and Brentford at home was when I thought we'd compete for it. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

After we beat Brentford. We'd won five in a row, three in a week and rivals were falling into the rearview mirror.

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

Wilson's goal against Brighton was the big one, but I genuinely thought we had an outstanding chance when we beat Nottingham Forest 2-1 away in the last minute. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

17 minutes ago, 54 said:

Genuinely thought it was possible since before the season started. Thought we would actually make it after we beat Man Utd.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

My dad must have died at a similar time. July 2016. He was also football, but mainly NUFC-obsessed. Me and my brothers took him to one last match while he was well enough in December 2016, it was a dull as dishwater 0-0 at home vs Everton until we lost it 0-1 with the last kick of the game :lol: 

And I will always treasure being able to go up and watch pretty much every Euro 2016 match with him at home, finally being sober after my problems with alcohol had wildly escalated in the prior months / years. Was able to be a good son without chasing a drink. England got knocked out by Iceland that year :lol:

He would have been absolutely buzzing with what has happened at Newcastle (and to a lesser extent in recent years England) which crosses my mind often and gives everything a bittersweet tinge. There's no uplifting note to end this on, it's just a real shame that Ashley took this stuff away from us. Savour these moments with those you're close with. 

So sorry for your loss. But congratulations on your sobriety.

I'm sure many of you are fed up of seeing me repeat the same thing about my dad, who I lost in 2021, but that bittersweet feeling has definitely hit me today. Despite the fact he was a full on Millwall fan, he loved NUFC as well, and would share the heartache of the Ashley years with me, and wish for better times. So wish he'd have seen the takeover, never mind what we accomplished last night. As IP said, don't take anything for granted, enjoy these special times with everyone who you love. 

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

I think Chelsea at home made people realise we were at least genuine challengers.

Spurs at home was the first time I became really confident.

image.thumb.png.87c63f05df260d78fbc9498ae3eee7ac.png

was after we put this run together that I actually started thinking we could do it. We were poor in that Brentford game but still won anyway at one of the hardest grounds to go to in the country. I started thinking we were a legitimately good team then.

Aye Brentford away for me too is when I started to think 'shit, we definitely should do this'.

Crazy to think that Forest game was this season man. Seems fucking ages ago when Schar scored that goal, but that performance really did set the tone. We battered them from minute one that day.

Most important game for me was Wolves (H). Won't be remembered as such but it was the first win in a while, a poor game all things considered and we could have been down to 10 in the first half.

Favourite game was Man Utd at home. Equally as dominant as the Spurs game just without the goals. Special shoutout to Leicester (A) after the World Cup as we carried on where we left off, which people were saying might not happen.

Spurs away for me; I felt very confident then, to the point of feeling virtually certain of it by the time we went into the break. It dipped around the cup final to the extent I thought we wouldn't qualify, but it was clear that by the end of Forest away that there was every chance. 

Spurs (A) for me. That game proved we can mix it with the usual 6 home or away. I know we wobbled a bit in January-February but we were always only 1 or 2 wins away from top 4. Mention to the Wolves (H) and Forest (A) double header as well, Isak back in the side and in form is what kicked this run off.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The absolute state of this lot man.

Cant stand them. Hope they get knocked out of Europe early doors and don’t make the top half next season. 

I’d drink every last tear. 

Delighted Liverpool didn't lose on Saturday. If you could pick to do it yourselves, at home, under the lights - you'd take it every time.

Also for me, as the resident 'bed-wetter', having Liverpool breathe down our necks definitely made qualification feel 10x better. Human nature permits us all to want it done ASAP, but this way feels better, just like the Brighton game felt better scoring late to secure the win, rather than be 3/4-0 up and they score a consolation.

Everything about this season has just been perfect. I've no doubt a trophy is on the horizon in the next few years. Delighted for the kids who'll grow up supporting a Newcastle that will consistently be challenging at the top of the table and for trophies. My adult years were poisoned by that cockney nonce, over the moon for the next generation of fans.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Also for me, as the resident 'bed-wetter', having Liverpool breathe down our necks definitely made qualification feel 10x better. Human nature permits us all to want it done ASAP, but this way feels better, just like the Brighton game felt better scoring late to secure the win, rather than be 3/4-0 up and they score a consolation.

I think in the long run, Liverpool breathing down our necks for quite a few weeks could set us up to handle pressure that we’re not used to a lot better, As I still think the occasion and pressure got to us in the LC final 

Just to join in on the loved ones we've lost during the Ashley era, spare a thought for the bad luck of my uncle Ronnie. The poor bugger was a season ticket holder for decades, even going through the Bruce years. He died on the 8th September 2021. Just absolutely shit luck that he missed out on the takeover, never mind all of this. He'd have been in his element right now.