The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If we start purring and hit a run of form quickly, I can see a similar season to last. As much as you get found out, it's very very hard to play through a press as good as ours with the athletes we have in midfield and attack. 

If we go deep into Europe we’ll struggle to keep that intensity and we’ll get more injuries.  

Being out of Europe and league cup next year (as in January) would be a massive disappointment. But if we have a fit squad, we’ll be able to attack the second half of the season with an impressive squad.  

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They finished what? 5 points behind us? Not playing in the CL alone is worth another points.  

And one of the reasons they finished behind us is because they conceded a lot more goals. Klopp isn't going to change his style much so they currently don't feel any better off in that department to me - he's not brought in super athletic midfield pressers or players known for defensive nous. Looks like the plan for Szlob could be as an #8 but he's only really played as an AM or winger in his career.

Still time for it all to change, of course.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

And one of the reasons they finished behind us is because they conceded a lot more goals. Klopp isn't going to change his style much so they currently don't feel any better off in that department to me - he's not brought in super athletic midfield pressers or players known for defensive nous. Looks like the plan for Szlob could be as an #8 but he's only really played as an AM or winger in his career.

Still time for it all to change, of course.

They will be pressing a lot as soon as they develop the scouse Asthma and the inhalers are out. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

To be fair we had Sabitzer and McTominay in midfield and Weghorst up top. That'll be Casemiro, Mount and Hojlund next season. Probably something to do with it.

To be fair you could have had prime Messi up front instead of Weghorst that day and the result still wouldn’t have changed , we just ran all over the top of you and completely and utterly demolished you .

Edited by Geogaddi

9 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

To be fair you could have had prime Messi up front instead of Weghorst that day and the result still wouldn’t have changed , we just ran all over the top of you and completely and utterly demolished you .

That's probably true aye. :lol: But you would demolish most teams who were missing their starting midfield and their only defensive midfielder.

It's why I think Amrabat is an important signing once Fred/van de Beek are moved on. We need more steel in the midfielder and are far too reliant on Casemiro. 

I still think we'll get CL but only due to there being five places and weakness of others, specifically Chelsea and Spurs. I originally thought having four hard fixtures straight away would put pressure on the team, and this may still happen, but it also means such fixtures will not be coming in the autumn straight after an away game in the CL. So it might be to our advantage after all.

45 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Man United is going to give Greenwood another chance. Announcement coming. You heard it here first. ;)

Hope that Man Utd fan that pointlessly posts on here will give us his view

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Who were 4th in that period? Liverpool?

1. City 60

2. Arsenal 53

3. ManU 52

4. Liverpool 51

5. Villa 49

6. Newcastle 47

7. Brighton 44

8. Brentford 44

9. Spurs 34

3. We're a good team. But surely at least a couple of Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs (maybe less likely) are going to get good again, then Villa could be a threat too. Got a decent chance, but with that and Europe on our squad, I say less likely than 50%. Still challenging for it and having fun in the cups and I'd consider it a good season.

1 hour ago, sturla said:

1. City 60

2. Arsenal 53

3. ManU 52

4. Liverpool 51

5. Villa 49

6. Newcastle 47

7. Brighton 44

8. Brentford 44

9. Spurs 34

Expected points from the same time period from Understat:

1. Man City 55.07  26g

2. Newcastle 48.81   25g

3. Liverpool 48.32   26g

4. Brighton 48.11   26g

5. Man United 47.66   26g

6. Arsenal 46.92   26g

7. Brentford 39.93   25g

8. Aston Villa 37.15   25g

9. Chelsea 37.14   26g

10. Tottenham 35.26   25g

We were so good. :lol:

45 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

@Froggy said as much like a week ago. :lol: 

Announcement tomorrow is what I I've been hearing. Allegedly the Hojlund announcement has been postponed until the weekend. 

Announce Greenwood is staying, people go mad, then announce Hojlund, and people focus on that. It would be pretty bold. 

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Hope that Man Utd fan that pointlessly posts on here will give us his view

@TheDarkKnight you going to take that mate? 

14 hours ago, Froggy said:

That's probably true aye. :lol: But you would demolish most teams who were missing their starting midfield and their only defensive midfielder.

It's why I think Amrabat is an important signing once Fred/van de Beek are moved on. We need more steel in the midfielder and are far too reliant on Casemiro. 

Sabitzer + McTominay is still much stronger than some of the other midfields that we faced and didn't manage to win against. We had so many draws, but to be fair we demolished teams in our draws aswell.[emoji38] Just couldn't finish.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sabitzer + McTominay is still much stronger than some of the other midfields that we faced and didn't manage to win against. We had so many draws, but to be fair we demolished teams in our draws aswell.[emoji38] Just couldn't finish.

McTominay and Sabitzer maybe looks stronger on paper than some midfields but it's lacking in so many areas, especially defensively. Casemiro and Eriksen instead is on a completely different level.

I reckon by the time the window closes our midfield 5 will be Casemiro, Eriksen, Mount, McTominay and Amrabat. There was a strong chance of us selling McTominay but Mainoo getting injured will buy him another 6-12 months I'd say. 

Fred is certain to leave, and van de Beek will likely leave although I think Socieded have pulled out due to fitness concerns.

10 hours ago, Froggy said:

Announcement tomorrow is what I I've been hearing. Allegedly the Hojlund announcement has been postponed until the weekend. 

Announce Greenwood is staying, people go mad, then announce Hojlund, and people focus on that. It would be pretty bold. 

Absolutely can’t wait for my Twitter feed to be full of Twitter blue ticks telling us how he never did nothing wrong, she’s still with him etc.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Absolutely can’t wait for my Twitter feed to be full of Twitter blue ticks telling us how he never did nothing wrong, she’s still with him etc.

Inevitable of course. The fact the CPS said they dropped the case due to withdrawal of witnesses and "new evidence" means people can run riot with it, but you can't erase the pictures and voice recording.

His only saving grace is that he was 19/20 at the time. A kid. I was thinking the club would announce some sort of rehabilitation to help him but they can't do that either because he has committed no crime in the eyes of the law.

It's just a messy situation.