The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Sums up football really that half the fanbase is looking at 5th thinking we can catch Spurs and the other are wondering if we'll still get Europe in 8th spot if Chelsea and Man Utd overtake us.

Still don't think it's realistic to finish above spuds, manure however could be. Fingers crossed Palace are up for it on Monday.

Don't see why reason why we can't get a win at OT either.

Tbf it looks like we threw away our last chance of fighting for 5th with the Palace loss; way too much needs to go right for that to be on the cards now. But just getting Europe will be amazing.

I was already prepped for ending up in the Conference League from the start of the season so to be in the driving seat for that and potentially an extra Europa slot after the turbulence we've faced leaves me more than satisfied. 

5 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Still don't think it's realistic to finish above spuds, manure however could be. Fingers crossed Palace are up for it on Monday.

Don't see why reason why we can't get a win at OT either.

With the squad depth improved and we're scoring for fun. Why not! 

14 minutes ago, Beren said:

Would be insane/fantastic after the (relative) depths of this season to finish only two places off last year's finish [emoji38]

5th feels far with the games remaining.

Aye bit of an ask given Spurs fixtures. We can swagger into Old Trafford though 

As bad as Spurs are they can't not beat Burnley and Sheff United so we won't catch them . We would comfortably be above them though if it wasn't for injuries . 

Very good chance Man Utd lose their next two away to an in-form Palace and Arsenal IMO.

3 points vs Brighton at SJP and the game at Old Trafford could be of less consequence.

Just need to concentrate on Brighton and win that one and see what Man U can do to match it. No control over their results but we look pretty formidable atm. It's also nice to have reasonable fixtures AND options off the bench who can drop in and give players a rest whilst still contributing. 

Not convinced Man U will handle the pressure especially away from home, Chelsea have been up and down all season so I can't see them winning out either. Also lumps the pressure on a creaking Spurs side too. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out :)

5th is still a good possibility, if you've watched spurs much recently they are honking. I fully expect Liverpool to give them a thrashing tomorrow. We can dream at least, 5th would be insane giving what we have gone through this season with injuries.

Shows how far we’ve come that this season and last has had a nervy run-in that involves Europe. It’s normally around about now that we’re drawing this game 1-1 to confirm our place in the league next year.

1 minute ago, Ellis H said:

Shows how far we’ve come that this season and last has had a nervy run-in that involves Europe. It’s normally around about now that we’re drawing this game 1-1 to confirm our place in the league next year.

Halcyon daze [emoji38]

Forget 5th. 7th and above is fine, beat Brighton and its done.

We are effectively 6 points above Chelsea. I do think they will catch man u though.

Just one win/3 draws leaves Chelsea needing 3 wins out of 4 to finish above us. Big pressure. Can't see W Ham catching us. Man U? Who knows but a euro place is certainly there for the taking.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Forget 5th. 7th and above is fine, beat Brighton and its done.

We are effectively 6 points above Chelsea. I do think they will catch man u though.

'Effectively' only really works when the advantage is like 3 or 6 points and that's when the extra 'point' comes into play as it will take an extra game for a team to pass. If Chelsea finish above Man Utd then 7th might not be enough. We'd be favourites to make the Conference League for sure, but it would be a bit of a nervy watch on the 25th hoping that Man City do what's expected of them, and we have been burned in the past of an underdog winning the FA Cup and denying us a place in Europe.

The current top 6 odds look favourable:

image.thumb.png.c2428a952291a757e1823f33474fd752.png

It's weird. I keep looking at the table even more than I think I was last season. It all felt quite surreal a year ago but now I'm gagging for us to get another crack at Europe. 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we'd had this sort of squad all season, even minus Pope, Trippier, Targett, Schar, Botman, Lascelles, Tonali, Miley and Willock, we'd have went very close to 4th. 

I think we’d be right there if we simply just had Pope all season.