The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Our away form is the difference between us and Liverpool

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 17.06.44.png

Don’t matter when their only away games left are Leicester and Southampton

Edited by Gawalls

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

Depends, if we only get 6 points it means we've lost 3 games which might mean a hit to our GD.

Then it depends on Liverpool, if they win all 5 there's a good chance they've scored a fair amount.

But if we get 6 points it also means we've won two games, so you've got to account for atleast another +2 on our goal difference.  Liverpool defence aren't going to keep 5 clean sheets

1 hour ago, maze said:

Let’s not forget all the stuff they get away with that VAR doesn’t review. Like the mad-man Klopp. Guy has totally lost it mentally. 

Pressure getting to Klopp. With the money they've spent not qualifying for the CL is disasterous.

I don't think I'll be able to open this thread if Liverpool get six points this week and we lose to Arsenal (which, to be clear, would still leave us in a perfectly fine situation that would not warrant extreme panic).

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I don't think I'll be able to open this thread if Liverpool get six points this week and we lose to Arsenal (which, to be clear, would still leave us in a perfectly fine situation that would not warrant extreme panic).

It happen! [emoji38]

image.gif.fcb5148500d315f5456ad237de2350b1.gif

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A 9 point gap with only 15 left to play for, plus a superior goal difference. It'd be like death row in here if it was actually close.

I'll have steak, fries, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms please.

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Not sure I'm in agreement with Caulkin, yes he has a point, but the footballing people we have bought in behind the scenes, unlike George who's just a sport journalist, will have many ways to pull off deals.

This club is being run smartly, I don't think the over achievement or possible premature CL qualification compares us to doing a Leicester?

It’s a bit of a nonsense.  

Leicester have run out of actual cash due to the owners being hit by the pandemic.  The main driver for Leicester not maintaining the ‘close’ top 4 pursuit is selling their best players. We don’t have to do that. And if we did, we would use the fees to push our transfer spend much further than Leicester did. 

Also much like our transfers.  We should be able to source great commercial deals. And the commercial market know we are the real deal so will push bigger deals to be at the start of our rise. 

I agree with the squad and management. But I think we’re in position to sign some players that mitigate our weakness significantly without rocking the boat. Lavia’s won’t cost the world but look bound for the elite.  

6 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

5 games 5 draws gets us to 70. Liverpool have to perfect to get 71. They can't afford to slip up whereas we can. 

Am not worried at all. 

Yep, just a draw for Liverpool means we need to win 1 less game (win 1 draw 1), and any defeat for them means we need just 1 win and then it's on goal difference. 

We're in such a strong position! 

Edited by Scotty66

We just need to put Liverpool out of our thoughts, there's no point worrying about what they might do, if they win the last 5 then so be it. I think it's unlikely that they end up winning their last 9 in a row but it's obviously a possibility. 

We just need to focus on getting 7 points minimum from the 15 left. Leeds away should be a banker 3, Leicester will be a little tougher but we have shown we can now punish poor teams and they are absolutely one of those. That means getting a point from a fragile and under pressure Arsenal at home, a very good but knackered Brighton also at home and a Chelsea side that haven't looked remotely interested all season under the worst manager in the division on the final day when they've already packed their suitcases and their wives and kids are waiting in the car for them. 

We can't get 7 points from those 5 fixtures then we don't deserve it. I'm at 95%, regardless of what those cheating cunts do. It's not done but we're in the best form we've been in for more than a decade, scoring for fun, organised, motivated and united as a unit. This doesn't slip from here, the squad is buzzing and can be rotated, the bench is strong and now has genuine options and ASM and Longstaff are on the way back too. Fuck Liverpool, we're doing this.  

33 minutes ago, midds said:

We just need to put Liverpool out of our thoughts, there's no point worrying about what they might do, if they win the last 5 then so be it. I think it's unlikely that they end up winning their last 9 in a row but it's obviously a possibility. 

We just need to focus on getting 7 points minimum from the 15 left. Leeds away should be a banker 3, Leicester will be a little tougher but we have shown we can now punish poor teams and they are absolutely one of those. That means getting a point from a fragile and under pressure Arsenal at home, a very good but knackered Brighton also at home and a Chelsea side that haven't looked remotely interested all season under the worst manager in the division on the final day when they've already packed their suitcases and their wives and kids are waiting in the car for them. 

We can't get 7 points from those 5 fixtures then we don't deserve it. I'm at 95%, regardless of what those cheating cunts do. It's not done but we're in the best form we've been in for more than a decade, scoring for fun, organised, motivated and united as a unit. This doesn't slip from here, the squad is buzzing and can be rotated, the bench is strong and now has genuine options and ASM and Longstaff are on the way back too. Fuck Liverpool, we're doing this.  

image.gif.14e60f6c59bff3a1bc8985333a4b2ed1.gif

29 minutes ago, midds said:

Absolutely this. Only thing I’d add is that I wouldn’t have it any other way. Eddie had us coping superbly well with the pressure of a relegation fight last year, and he’s doing likewise with the pressure of CL qualification. He’s not shying away from it, but taking it head on, which will stand us in very good stead once we will transition into a team actually competing for trophies.

I’m not worried at all; we have a top team mentality now. Yesterday at half time you just knew we’d come out swinging, and really we put Southampton under so much pressure there was no way we weren’t winning that game. Even when Wilson’s original 2-1 was struck off you could see the calm determination in the players’ eyes.

This is not the Newcastle United of the last two decades anymore - we’re the real deal. We deserve to be in the CL next season and I have no doubt at all that we will, under our own steam and in style.

To date, compared to the results of last season we have gathered more points this season against 12 of the teams in the league, and equaled the points tally against 6 of the teams, anyone care to guess who the one team are in which we have a worse points record compared to last season?

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

To date, compared to the results of last season we have gathered more points this season against 12 of the teams in the league, and equaled the points tally against 6 of the teams, anyone care to guess who the one team are in which we have a worse points record compared to last season?

Palace?

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

We need another two points to guarantee Spurs and Villa can't finish above us. Most likely one given out vastly superior goal difference.

Because they have to play each other we are guaranteed to finish above one of them.

Leicester are making me feel a little better about Liverpool’s chances of winning all their games. I know Leicester have had a bad season, but they still have plenty of good attacking players capable of getting something against Liverpool, especially if it’s the game that can mathematically save them.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure how you can watch this Leicester performance and feel More confident about of them beating Liverpool. They are absolutely shit.

Defensively poor but they’ve got some very dangerous players who can definitely get at that fragile Liverpool back four.