The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Hopefully arsenal come here next weekend tripping over their own pet lips in a right strop after throwing away their only change of a title in decades (previous and future) I could see them throwing in the towel for the rest of the season now, with them saying they are happy with top 4 and that's all they wanted anyway.

Win that and it's party time, no way we throw it away from there. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not sure I'm in agreement with Caulkin, yes he has a point, but the footballing people we have bought in behind the scenes, unlike George who's just a sport journalist, will have many ways to pull off deals.

This club is being run smartly, I don't think the over achievement or possible premature CL qualification compares us to doing a Leicester?

Edited by mighty__mag

Just now, nemtizz said:

Isn’t it 6 points we need because of our GD?

Depends, if we only get 6 points it means we've lost 3 games which might mean a hit to our GD.

Then it depends on Liverpool, if they win all 5 there's a good chance they've scored a fair amount.

Just now, nemtizz said:

Isn’t it 6 points we need because of our GD?

Potentially but if Liverpool win all their remaining games then that GD could be negated, they've shown they are capable of handing out a thrashing

Just got to hope if they are winning then it's only by a single goal like their last 2 matches 

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Top four all qualify for the group stage.  Which sadly means no chance of a Ketsbaia in Zagreb repeat, though happily it also means no Partizan Belgrade repeat. 

Oh, I'll take that deal...

Can't wait for this to all be sorted. Imagine how sick we'd feel if Liverpool were only a couple of points behind. 

Mixed feelings on Liverpool. Easy run in and I don't expect them to lose again, but surely a team defending like them cannot win 9 in a row?

Really not liking the idea of Liverpool being 3 points behind us going into Sunday's game. Its going to be a real test for our lads to see how they play under the pressure of that. We have to assume Liverpool will get to 71 points because their games are easy on paper, plus they have the VAR luck and shit going for them too. We play Arsenal and Leeds before Liverpool play again and we should just go out and get to 71 points ourselves and end it. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Really not liking the idea of Liverpool being 3 points behind us going into Sunday's game. Its going to be a real test for our lads to see how they play under the pressure of that. We have to assume Liverpool will get to 71 points because their games are easy on paper, plus they have the VAR luck and shit going for them too. We play Arsenal and Leeds before Liverpool play again and we should just go out and get to 71 points ourselves and end it. 

Let’s not forget all the stuff they get away with that VAR doesn’t review. Like the mad-man Klopp. Guy has totally lost it mentally. 

Edited by maze

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

We've got 5 games to get 2 wins and a draw. Even if we lose against Arsenal we'd still be big favourites. 

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

It's not ideal at all, but you have to say we've handled the pressure superbly recently. Easy to forget that the Spurs game was a pivotal clash between 4th and 5th because of the farce it became.

There's no logical reason to think we won't get top 4, the odds of us missing out are 1/20 and no non-nufc fan I speak to thinks there is any possibility of us not qualifying. Does any of this make me feel better? NO.

23 minutes ago, Decky said:

We will still have 2 games in hand! 3 points behind on level games played = squeaky bum time, but with our form & 2 games in hand! 

I'm worried about Liverpool, but when I thought about it this way it made me feel better about our chances...who's position would we rather be in? Ours or Liverpool's?

Pretty sure we'd all be writing off 4th if we were 9 points behind them with 5 games to go. Much rather be in our shoes only needing 2 wins and a draw to essentially guarantee Champions League football.

1 minute ago, Andybiotics said:

I'm worried about Liverpool, but when I thought about it this way it made me feel better about our chances...who's position would we rather be in? Ours or Liverpool's?

Pretty sure we'd all be writing off 4th if we were 9 points behind them with 5 games to go. Much rather be in our shoes only needing 2 wins and a draw to essentially guarantee Champions League football.

Also that Liverpool defence!! 

9 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Don’t we have to play a qualifying game if we finish 4th?

Not sure exactly when the change was made but not for a few years now.