Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Been such a shame for him that this season has been a write-off so far. I don’t think Burn or Targett are long-term options at left back but Targett proved himself to be an extremely consistent performer last season. I know he’s had injuries this season but it’s odd how little he’s played 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Been such a shame for him that this season has been a write-off so far. I don’t think Burn or Targett are long-term options at left back but Targett proved himself to be an extremely consistent performer last season. I know he’s had injuries this season but it’s odd how little he’s played 

Seems like he’s been ill a couple of times recently. 

Targett was an absolute wall for RW opponents last season but Burn has been very solid this season and more importantly can fill in at CB to make a 3 in the middle, something Targett just can't do. 

Harsh on him but considering our form, results and how we play its good to see Howe sticking with Burn consistently. 

I think him and a few of our players have been suffering with some form of long covid, that’s what my mate says who works at the academy. I’m suffering with it now and they are professional athletes so if they are given how shit I feel, it must be so frustrating for them. Apparently when Lascelles had it he was wiped out, couldn’t even jog in training.

14 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Can't argue, but one day, when we are in Europe, Howe is going to have to learn how to rotate a winning squad. very minor criticism but with arsenal in a few days feel this was a slight opportunity

They've just had a month off and coasted against Leicester in the second half. Don't think we need or should be resting anyone second game back. Get a win today and go into the Arsenal game full of confidence then rotate for the cup. 

15 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Can't argue, but one day, when we are in Europe, Howe is going to have to learn how to rotate a winning squad. very minor criticism but with arsenal in a few days feel this was a slight opportunity

Personally wouldn't rotate for either. He can do that v Sheff Wed next week.

Just now, Decky said:

I fully trust Howe but surely ASM is at the stage where he should be starting again? It shouldn't really matter today though tbf but you'd want him fairly sharp for Tuesday. 

I agree a bit but on the other Leeds whole game is manic pressing to induce defensive mistakes, they haven't good enough players to create chances themselves so ASM may be a bit unnecessary risk? He will certainly do damage on counter if needed from bench.