Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Hopeful he will feature in January is a bit worrying. Starting to wonder the what the hell is going on.

I really don’t think it’s that complicated. He’s had a new long term  injury which has involved re-injury and therefore extra caution needed. To get him to the point to be involved in high speed full training has clearly taken time. I’m glad they’re handling it like this rather than rush him back ffs

Never had one myself. But everyone I have spoken to who has had a quad injury. Says it is really hard to gauge where you’re at with your recovery.

Like medically you are fine and cleared to play. But your brain doesn’t allow you to fully open up and you’re forever worried about it going again. 

For someone that relies on explosive pace. I’d imagine that is quite a big factor. 

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Never had one myself. But everyone I have spoken to who has had a quad injury. Says it is really hard to gauge where you’re at with your recovery.

Like medically you are fine and cleared to play. But your brain doesn’t allow you to fully open up and you’re forever worried about it going again. 

For someone that relies on explosive pace. I’d imagine that is quite a big factor. 

He’ll be alright. They’re just being cautious/professional about it. Quite apart from protecting the lad himself, huge investment by the club. Only priority is getting him 100% however long it takes. Personally, I reckon he is close to appearing (on the bench). 

28 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

9 games in a row on the box is mad. 7/9 of those on Sky and all. They can’t get enough of us. 

I like the 5:30pm kick offs but 3pms are the bread and butter and they're going to be a novelty from now on. Hate to imagine the number of them that the two Manchester clubs and Liverpool get a season, must be only about 6 or 7.

100% correct on everything he is saying there. I'd love to see everyone start on a level playing field but it'll never happen. What I dislike is stopping others from catching up.

It's a rigged game from top to bottom. 

Exactly. The worse thing about football in this country is that you have to have money to compete which in turn allows you to get better and become successful. But everything is skewed against those sides that don’t have the wealth and success is kept for those already at the top

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

His pressing probably is better than Wilson's imo 

I've noticed this. He doesn't have as much pace as Wilson but he gets much closer to defenders on a lot more occasions than Wilson does when pressing. Yes probably it ends up with nothing but he really does try.

51 minutes ago, Dokko said:

100% correct on everything he is saying there. I'd love to see everyone start on a level playing field but it'll never happen. What I dislike is stopping others from catching up.

It's a rigged game from top to bottom. 

Totally agree, absolutely nothing wrong with his answer.

Speaking of Wood. Lately he has been good backup for us, but last season he was poor overall. The Wood we saw against Leicester is the one I expected us to get. Last season he looked like old timber where his timing, touch and everything else was off. Much better now. People saying he contributed a lot last season are wrong imo. He worked but more or less nothing worked out for him. Yea we won games, but it wasn’t because of him even if he helped to a degree because he was on the pitch, obviously. Looks a different player now. 

On the finances, it's a bit of a wank question when Leeds themselves have a net spend of around £175M over the last three seasons. We're now at £270M.

Our total transfer spend is identical in that period, just a massive chunk of theirs was funded by Raphina and Phillips' sales.

We could've spent what each of us has spent under Ashley if we'd had any assets to shift. You'd think PIF had pumped in £1B the way people go on.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t stand him or his club 

Why? I know Leeds supporters can be wankers, so can ours, but Marsch is decent enough and is far from a PFM so many on here can’t stand. Comparing the way clubs are financially ran here to NA Salary Capped Leagues is a bit silly and cliché, mind. The Mets have a $300 million yearly wage bill. [emoji38] The rich teams couldn’t care less about cap fines.

Every opposition manager will get asked that q or a similar one and many will give a more hostile answer than that one

And of course it’s the money - last season relegation was nailed on. No takeover cash = no Howe and no signings. It’s not just the money spent, it’s the promise of much more cash to come as well, so historic net spend isn’t so relevant. No way Botman, Bruno and Isak sign, and Howe/Ashworth etc commit unless they believe the spending is going to run and run. 

Personally I’m happy with that, but I totally get why other clubs will massively resent it.

52 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Speaking of Wood. Lately he has been good backup for us, but last season he was poor overall. The Wood we saw against Leicester is the one I expected us to get. Last season he looked like old timber where his timing, touch and everything else was off. Much better now. People saying he contributed a lot last season are wrong imo. He worked but more or less nothing worked out for him. Yea we won games, but it wasn’t because of him even if he helped to a degree because he was on the pitch, obviously. Looks a different player now. 

Yeah I can see him scoring from open play tomorrow, he looks much more confident currently.

47 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Why? I know Leeds supporters can be wankers, so can ours, but Marsch is decent enough and is far from a PFM so many on here can’t stand. Comparing the way clubs are financially ran here to NA Salary Capped Leagues is a bit silly and cliché, mind. The Mets have a $300 million yearly wage bill. [emoji38] The rich teams couldn’t care less about cap fines.

Nothing to do with his comments, I just think he’s a prick the way he acts on the touchline. As for the club, just think they are a horrible club with supporters that match.