Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Our last Saturday 3pm league game until at least March. Make the most of it! :lol:

Doesn't even feel like a Saturday with the old Christmas carry on. Lose track of days this time of year

Personally really like Jessie Marsch. Think he's probably a decent coach but also probably has a few things missing in his repertoire. He also seems pretty honest and sound.

Also, out of all other clubs Leeds are most like us. Hostile, working class, northern, one club city etc, so I'm quite fond of them.

Still hope we absolutely pump them.

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nothing to do with his comments, I just think he’s a prick the way he acts on the touchline. As for the club, just think they are a horrible club with supporters that match.

Fair enough, he does seem a touch over emotional, but he's not anywhere as annoying or smug as Klopp. I've only met a handful of Leeds fans, who were decent enough. Find the Scouse contingent far worse and I hope we win the league at Anfield and take the piss the way they did at St. James. 

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Personally really like Jessie Marsch. Think he's probably a decent coach but also probably has a few things missing in his repertoire. He also seems pretty honest and sound.

Also, out of all other clubs Leeds are most like us. Hostile, working class, northern, one club city etc, so I'm quite fond of them.

Still hope we absolutely pump them.

Don't mind him at all and I find the Ted Lasso/Anti-American crack tedious, but to each their own.

I actually think U.S coaches have something different to offer European football. The game needs new and fresh ideas and types, rather than the age old PFM crew. We of all clubs should know that.

That's not to say they will all work, but give me an excitable yank, over a stodgy Brit any day.

@STM Agreed. Diversity in thinking always leads to better outcomes and more often than not, end product. Sport science, data integration and the adoption of the analysis into tactics means player management becomes a higher focus. Culture is key, look at what Howe has done and the change that's happened in the last year. Marsch is a culture guy, so is Leeds as a football club. They need it to be competitive, stay in the league. The same applies to us in breaking into the top 6. 

36 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I don't really mind Leeds, their fans or the manager.

Comparing them to the sc*use cunts is ridiculous. Those cunts are the worst fans in world football, bar none.

Was I? Was more along the lines of my personal experience with both sets of fans. Leeds ones I've met were decent and I agree with you on Scouser's being the worst. :thup:

46 minutes ago, STM said:

forget everything I said. He's a clueless cunt. 

:lol: I thought you saw this? 

I like pretty much everything I've seen from Marsch and I like and agree with the general point he's making there. But we're in no way comparable to Chelsea '03 and Man City '09. Has a single penny of what we have spent so far come from an injection of capital from the new owners? Maybe some of it has; it's still miles off anything those other two did. 

Marsch is playing the game. I thought Rodger’s was too complimentary pre match, seems Marsch is going the opposite way which is fine, I don’t think you can fuck with this squads mentality right now. 

Don't get this Leeds love in at all - awful club with even worse fans. Maybe it's some younger fans who can't remember them following their extended sojourn outside the PL?

Best place for them is in the lower leagues, the lower the better.

Edited by Novocastrian

4 hours ago, STM said:

forget everything I said. He's a clueless cunt. 

Managed clubs owned by Red Bull, including a regional division one in Germany, that got where they got ENTIRELY because of money,

Complains about others clubs having more money.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Some of their fans are meffs but games against Leeds are far more of an occasion than games against Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace etc. 

I make them probably the best away fans since I've been going. Apart from them only Man United and the mackems have always filled their allocation and perhaps only Man United competitive for noise consistently.  Makes a game of it. Bit of edge or something that just isn't there with the other Yorkshire clubs or the clubs you mention. Even though there's no beef (personally anyway).

Edited by Jonas

6 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Why? I know Leeds supporters can be wankers, so can ours, but Marsch is decent enough and is far from a PFM so many on here can’t stand. Comparing the way clubs are financially ran here to NA Salary Capped Leagues is a bit silly and cliché, mind. The Mets have a $300 million yearly wage bill. [emoji38] The rich teams couldn’t care less about cap fines.

6 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Really? I thought it was a bit lazy of him. 

What does he say that’s incorrect? In European football, the teams with the most money do tend to win the most silverware. American sports which have salary caps and a draft system means that more teams win the trophies - there’s much more variety of winner. You’re right that baseball doesn’t have a salary cap, but it at least has a tax penalty for those going over limits - but certainly Yankees, dodgers and Mets are spending a lot more than than other franchises (but not winning year in, year out). He says that Eddie Howe has done a great job but that we can’t ignore the fact we’ve spent quite a lot of money, which we have. I’m not sure what bit you can realistically take issue with, if I’m honest.

Actually what Marsch is saying was us when Abramovich arrived but we never said as much.

Building a team with young players. Cleverly picking the bones of clubs that shot their bolt (Woodgate from Leeds, linked with Terry from Chelsea), benefitting from the second biggest crowds in the country, went from 4th to 3rd, Champions League football on merit (pushing out over spending Leeds ironically)- all the right things, and it got blown out the water.

Turn around is fair play as they say over there.

Edited by Jonas