Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

I would start ASM today. Leeds defence looked like it could crumble at any moment and City should have scored about 6. Plus they have a dreadful away record so far this season.

Would love to see ASM give them the run around for 90 minutes.

Edited by Klaus

God I love this nervous feeling I get before every game these days that had totally vanished under Ashley. I thought that nervous feeling had gone forever.

Pub in 20 mins in the toon. Howay the lads!

Edited by Scoot

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

Burkas was given money to spend but didn’t spend it. He was his own worst enemy in that regard and it let to his sacking. Any player coming in had to spent 3-4 months getting up to Bielsa levels of fitness and learning the way they play, so Bielsa just stuck with the players he already had. They were essentially championship players, playing at a ridiculous intensity. Once teams figured out to play against Leeds they were screwed because they didn’t have the player quality for a plan B. Not that Bielsa was a plan B guy, but better players would’ve made a difference regardless.

The injury crisis he had at Leeds and didn’t whinge about would have crippled most clubs. 

I just think if they’d have held their nerve he’d continue to be better than Marsch. 

13 hours ago, 80 said:

To me, they're the definition of a team we should be playing. Like, I can't stand Everton and hope they go down, but with all due respect to Bournemouth and co. they're the kind of team who in the long run should be up there and winding us up. It'd get boring otherwise.

True I suppose, I remember them going down and how they were bragging about coming straight back up. In the end it took them about 15/16 seasons. They’ve had their punishment. Same goes for the Mackems - they can stew in champo fit another 4 or 5 years.

9 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

True I suppose, I remember them going down and how they were bragging about coming straight back up. In the end it took them about 15/16 seasons. They’ve had their punishment. Same goes for the Mackems - they can stew in champo fit another 4 or 5 years.

It’s nice when a team like Bournemouth come up and it’s someone different, but the novelty sharp wears off after 2/3 seasons. Will probably feel like that about Brentford in a couple of years.

Aye, it’s been weird feeling nervous and anxious and waking up on match day all giddy at the thought of us losing or winning or drawing. Under Ashley/Pardew/Carver/Bruce it was a case of either not even giving two fucks or wanting us to lose. We should be beating these, here is to 3 points hopefully, which would be massive going into the January transfer window.