Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

1 hour ago, Klaus said:

I would start ASM today. Leeds defence looked like it could crumble at any moment and City should have scored about 6. Plus they have a dreadful away record so far this season.

Would love to see ASM give them the run around for 90 minutes.

Agreed, ASM is at his best when teams come out to play against us. I think Leeds won’t sit with a low block so I think ASM could be lethal today

Fucking come on! Can’t wait for kick off. My little one is buzzing for the match. This season has been even more special because he’s now hooked on the Toon. Like a dream come true to have this club be so much fun and exciting right now and have my son to share it with. 

Thats the great thing about our team/squad now though. If Schar is out/rested today, Burn just moves across to CB and we bring Targett in (if he's available).

We'd be bringing in a decent LB and Burn moves to another comfortable role.

5 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Thats the great thing about our team/squad now though. If Schar is out/rested today, Burn just moves across to CB and we bring Targett in (if he's available).

We'd be bringing in a decent LB and Burn moves to another comfortable role.

I think Howe might select Lascelles under those circumstances and leave Burn at LB

1 hour ago, STM said:

An almost certainly bollocks rumour that Schar might have a knock. I don't believe it but thought I'd say it anyway just to get some hate.

He almost certainly has a knock, will bump heads at least once today and still play perfectly fine for 90+ minutes.