Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Should’ve been 2 or 3 goal win at least. 

I think my priority would be to replace Longstaff with a genuinely good CM. 

He has his qualities for sure but finishing is terrible. The most frustrating moment for me was in the second half when the ball dropped to him perfectly outside the box on his right foot, plenty of space, and he didn’t have the confidence to get it out of his feet and drill it.

I think we have to now accept that teams are going to do this to us especially at home and dig in for a point. Sometimes we will break them down and other times we won't, it happens. It happened to City today too, they even let a lead slip at home to dogshit Everton. The first half of the season has been epic and beyond anything any of us could have wished for in August. One defeat ask season and that was fucking bullshit too, we've been superb and elite I can understand some frustration at not scoring today it shouldn't tarnish the overall picture which is incredibly, hugely, massively positive for the club on and off the field. Transfer window opens tomorrow and we'll get even better in the next few weeks. 

Chins up, chests out gentlemen

30 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You ever wonder how you got this reputation? That would take a little self reflection, so I guess I answered my question. Clown.

For negative posting, yes.  But the reputation is an exaggeration.  And you're not being particularly kind here.

Maybe try attempting to disagree with me when I post a criticism?  Instead of just getting all worked up and name calling.  Take what I've written and see if you think there is any merit.  If not, point out why you think there isn't.  Don't just go, "oh you're a negative cunt."  Cos that's just a waste of everyone's time.

Edited by David Edgar

11 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Every chance fell to the wrong player. We played just about well enough to win it but are lacking that killer instinct in quite a few positions I think.

On a positive note, the bairn’s only 6 and he got stuck in to the ref for 90 mins [emoji38]

Yeah, only mildly frustrating for me. Really good effort from the players second half.

5 minutes ago, midds said:

I think we have to now accept that teams are going to do this to us especially at home and dig in for a point. Sometimes we will break them down and other times we won't, it happens. It happened to City today too, they even let a lead slip at home to dogshit Everton. The first half of the season has been epic and beyond anything any of us could have wished for in August. One defeat ask season and that was fucking bullshit too, we've been superb and elite I can understand some frustration at not scoring today it shouldn't tarnish the overall picture which is incredibly, hugely, massively positive for the club on and off the field. Transfer window opens tomorrow and we'll get even better in the next few weeks. 

We need a Nordic Meat Shield up top. 

Anyway, I’m still down about the result. It still feels weird caring. But it is amazing to see how far we have come in less than a year.

Neutrals in the pub providing some balance and positivity, at least. A few pointing out we’ve not even spent properly yet and we’re already up there. 

I can't criticise the effort or approach.  I think a few players played below their best.  Trippier for one was awful at times with his final ball or set piece delivery.  We lack some quality, which was my main frustration.  And the referee got a lot wrong.  

I think we'd have been better with a proper left back out there as well.  Burn limited us.

Bruno was superb and was also playing against the referee.  Joelinton was solid as usual.  The back two and Pope were on it.  Think Almiron was shut out of the game.  Wood is Wood.  Willock ever frustrating with his play. 

Edited by David Edgar

We’re far too reliant on Trippier for dead balls, mind. Tells it own story that no one from the front 6 is trusted over them.

Definite priority in January when we look at midfielders, and I think Howe will target a more mobile upgrade on Shelvey, who’s likely made his last start for us. 

31 minutes ago, midds said:

Bang on.

Yer man Lockwood jinxed it at halftime saying needed Serena for the victory photo, the Leeds subs would have been running back to the changing rooms to tell that one. 

Put it down to one of those days and move on. 

43 minutes ago, midds said:

Spot on

Weird to feel as I do about this result. Think my brain has been heavily recalibrated over the past few months :lol:

It was bound to happen eventually. Move on and respond like champions.

Well wasn't that disappointing! Shades of the Palace game earlier this season, shows how desperate we are for a little but something extra in attacking areas.  Not necessarily the front 3 but maybe someone with a bit more of a goal threat from the midfield 3. 

Plenty of time to get it right ofcourse but with Man City drawing it feels like a chance missed to draw away from 4th place.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Well wasn't that disappointing! Shades of the Palace game earlier this season, shows how desperate we are for a little but something extra in attacking areas.  Not necessarily the front 3 but maybe someone with a bit more of a goal threat from the midfield 3. 

Plenty of time to get it right ofcourse but with Man City drawing it feels like a chance missed to draw away from 4th place.

Read that in David Mitchell's voice. :lol:

The winning run had to come to an end sometime and still an amazing 2022 for the team. We lacked the killer instinct today, but we’ll learn from it and get better against teams that play like Leeds did. I thought it would be against Arsenal that would stop the run and then we’d go on another similar sequence, but who knows