Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Justice for Anfield finally [emoji38]

Massive well done to the first 11 and ASM. And the coaching staff. And Lascelles, such a shithouse [emoji38]

I never want to see Wood or Murphy on the pitch for us again however. 

Best not watch the cup game Saturday then ?

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fucking hell that was hard :lol: Best team we've played by an absolute mile in terms of stopping us from being able to play our own game.

Excellent result, not a great performance but I can't fault the effort in the circumstances 

Pope: 8.5

Trippier: 7.5

Schar: 7.5

Botman: 8

Burn: 8

Bruno: 7

Willock: 8.5

Longstaff: 6

Joelinton: 8

Wilson: 6

Almiron: 8

Wood: 6

Murphy: 6

Arsenal are absolutely flying at the minute.

Thought it was a top class defensive performance from us, and therefore I'd have to say it was a good performance on the whole.

Proud of them. Hardest match this season and shut them down. We were a bit shit with the ball but when you consider who we’re bringing on you can’t complain. We need better footballers in our starting XI to beat teams like this.

Had to walk out the room during that last corner, couldn't watch.

They spent so much time just trying to get us booked in the first half, probably to lessen our pressing, so fuck the whining divers. They didn't like it at all when we started doing it back.

Loved to see Arteta get nowt after his theatrics at the end too. Glad Howe stood up to him, not that I'd have doubted it.

Lascelles getting another yellow was class. What teamwork.

Edited by Chris_R

Brilliant, fully deserved point, and great to upset another of the 'big boys'. Sky commentator was desperate for Arsenal to score/win.

But, now Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs have all got to come to St James'. Only Man City and Chelsea of those 'top' teams we have to play away.

Another clean sheet and still unbeaten, if only the ref hadn't played till Liverpool scored??!!

Edited by TK-421

5 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Job done!

Take that, well done fellas!

Does highlight with a capital H and exclamation mark, that we desperately need another centre mid in there to replace Longstaff, and I'd take anything to replace Chris Wood.

Isaak comes back soon, but we definitely need upgrades on Longstaff and Willock and a winger as it looks like ASM is done here.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

i'm really annoyed we've drawn 2 games and somehow man u have caught us despite spending a substantial part of teh season being total dogshit. We have not been dogshit all season and yet...too many draws i guess

They've had easier games than us though. They'll probably win their next game too against Everton, but then they have Man City & Arsenal after that.