Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

Made it tougher than it should have been, missed some glorious chances but Isak saved us at the end there. ASM played well that 2nd half, he makes things happen and I think we've missed his ingenuity, Isak starting to look sharp, he's the real deal, Joelinton an absolute monster again today.

Hopefully Bruno isn't crocked, Trippier had a poor game, hopefully out of his system now. On the whole a solid if uninspiring display but good teams grind out wins.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

20 shots to their 5, 5 on target to their 0. Richly deserved win

I'd love to believe that but I don't really. Just happy to get 3 points, never really felt we did enough tbh.

Wow, very tight and difficult. We weren't ourselves were we? Very lucky with the penalty, but equally the decision was pathetic. Their player stood on Trippier and of course it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake.

So happy for Isak to get the goal.

Pope: 6.5

Trippier: 5

Schar: 7.5

Botman: 7

Burn: 6

Bruno: 7

Joelinton: 6.5

Willock: 6

Longstaff: 5.5

Almiron: 7.5

Wilson: 6

ASM: 7.5

Isak: 6.5

4 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Wouldn't mind seeing more of 4-4-2 with Wilson and Isak like

Just so nice to have the option. Opens up a whole other range of things we can do tactically.

Big Kudos to Howe for making that change when he did too, just to give us the final push to bring things home at the end.

Glad to win. Was pretty frustrating watch. We played well most of the time, but making it count was really lacking. Fulham made it very tough, they were alot more solid than I expected.

Nice that we had the luxury if Isak and ASM from the bench. Were a clear injection of class in final 3rd. Thought ASM was much better with pass and moving. He made moves flow was less trying to do it alone.

This Bruno injury stuff is terrifying, but thought the passing from Schar, Botman and Trippier really covers for it a little.

Felt like Wilson made up for a poor game with that assist. Pleased for Isak to come on and win it for us.

Wow, mental game!

Mitro joining Carroll and Chopra in the ex Toon striker not only completely effing up a sitter, but doing so in a manner that suggests a mental block in scoring against us. Thanks big man!

Redemption for Wilson, who was poor but played a vital role in the goal. Trippier and Longstaff too, who were also involved. Trippier's worst game for us? It looked a clear pen to me.

On the whole, we did create chances, so I suppose it was deserved, John Terryesque shocking pen miss or not.

Lets just celebrate the win, the three points, and not dwell on the particulars. If there is a queue of ambulances outside the RVI, give em an apologetic bow and get Bruno on the X ray machine pronto. I hope its not too serious.

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

Deserved win against a surprisingly decent side. Lets go!

Honestly, a draw would have been no disgrace. We did well to win that.

Fulham are really good this season. Palhinha is sensational.

We have to get another CM in this window, absolutely the top priority, but it is so class that we can potentially go 4-4-2 as well. Just another option for when we're struggling - well done Howe for making the switch there.

Must say I love it when games like this turn out how it did.

The pen that for me wasn't a pen,

The ex player messing it up, 

Players not playing particularly well,

Losing our maestro to injury,

An unlikely partnership combines to score the unlikely goal. 

We play poor and steal the show!

Fucking get in!!!

😁💪🏼

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Must say I love it when games like this turn out how it did.

The pen that for me wasn't a pen,

The ex player messing it up, 

Players not playing particularly well,

Losing our maestro to injury,

An unlikely partnership combines to score the unlikely goal. 

We play poor and steal the show!

Fucking get in!!!

😁💪🏼

An unlikely partnership ?

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Right, so obviously Bruno being out is the big negative there but a couple of positives:

• Another clean sheet
  • Isak looks sharp and up to speed post-injury
  • Us having another option from our usual formation is massive - really like that 4-4-2 with Wilson & Isak up top, Maxi on the left. Bruno and Big Joe in the middle there could be a winner too.

And 3 points too, almost forgot :lol:

I think Bruno being out might be mitigated by Maxi coming back in. Joelinton can do a job in the middle for me. He's a really good footballer these days.