Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

What a moment. Thought we were deserved winners despite not being at our best. I was actually disappointed with Fulham, I thought they'd have more going forward.

Hopefully, Bruno isn't out for long. Can see us going 4-4-fucking-2 in his absence.

For all we play some great stuff, we're wasteful. It's important to have more than one proper goalscorer on the pitch.

50 minutes ago, Andy said:

It was a frustrating game again for the most part, but a few spells aside, I think people are overrating Fulham's performance like. I don't think Pope made a save? :dontknow:

They were tidy enough but it was a similar performance to Leeds from them, just defensively a bit more leaky. 

We made the game closer than it should have been by being a bit wasteful in the final third. 

It does seem that people are overly anxious and underrate our own team’s ability under Eddie. For a few games now folk are getting really anxious when we haven’t scored as if we have a massive problem and it’s all gone to shit. 

We just need to have a bit more faith I think. 

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How on earth can they call the penalty a clear and obvious error?

Its even more how on earth they mange to give the penalty atfer seeing it on the screen. Its a freekick to Trippier. Reid stamps Trippier before he kick his foot.

40 minutes ago, Disco said:

Longstaff or Schär MOM for me. Thought every one else was a bit under cooked especially Wilson and Botman; more due to impeccable standards set that anything else though. 

Longstaff? Really!? Not sure what I missed there like. It's between Schär and ASM for me.

24 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

How exactly do you get to be 3rd in the league when you're not a footballer? lol - honestly intrigued by these comments.

Give the lad a break! If he was called Lonstaffio, would that help? Guy was MOTM today and he's just an athlete.

Its ridiculous man! He has limitations but he's a premier league footballer, a top 3 one currently.

Its nothing but astonishing that we are top 3 with Longstaff being a regular player. 

But sure I can shut up about him from now on. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Longstaff? Really!? Not sure what I missed there like. It's between Schär and ASM for me.

He’d still only be an 8 but yeah; thought he was one of the best of a relatively 6-7/10 bunch. Just his usual solid self but with a bit more impact and seemingly better use of the ball. 

Unrelated but being able to bring ASM and Isak level of player off the bench is just mint.

14 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I always get the feeling that Schar thinks these photos are cringe as fuck. He's never OTT like everybody else. [emoji38]

He looks like a film star, he shouldn't be expected to celebrate like the lesser mortals.

24 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I always get the feeling that Schar thinks these photos are cringe as fuck. He's never OTT like everybody else. [emoji38]

He's too good looking for it all. :lol:

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

VAR didn’t TBF, the ref changed his mind after looking at the screen. 

I guess I meant VAR telling the ref to go and see it. How have they seen that and suggest he’s got it wrong? 

Compare it to some of the pens we haven’t been given this season.