Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

My only criticism of Longstaff is that he needs to work on his finishing.

He's clearly lost confidence in shooting too, pulled out of a couple of chances to shoot today.

Great Win, another clean sheet, and lovely lift back across from Wilson for Isak.

Fortunate with the pella, but we'll take it and move on.

Just hope Bruno ain't too badly injured, but if so, might accelerate a move for another DM/CM?

Edited by TK-421

Just now, Holmesy said:

Not sure where people are getting ‘not a penalty’ from. Take away both of a player’s legs anywhere else on the pitch and it’s a stonewall free kick. 

Reid stood on Tripps foot first therefore foul to us 

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Certainly dont mind a player like Longstaff in our team, but it would be nice if we could get one that actually is a footballer, not just an athlete.

Stuff like this does my head in.

We are 3rd in the best league in the world and Longstaff has started the vast majority of games for us.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Certainly dont mind a player like Longstaff in our team, but it would be nice if we could get one that actually is a footballer, not just an athlete.

How exactly do you get to be 3rd in the league when you're not a footballer? lol - honestly intrigued by these comments.

Give the lad a break! If he was called Lonstaffio, would that help? Guy was MOTM today and he's just an athlete.

Its ridiculous man! He has limitations but he's a premier league footballer, a top 3 one currently.

Might be Trippier's poorest game so far. Just had an off day in general it seemed but was never a pen. 

So pleased we managed to pull off the result. Think it will have a massive psychological impact now we have a 5 point gap to the rest.

14 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Reid stood on Tripps foot first therefore foul to us 

That’s how I see it. He’s stood clean on the top of his foot. Not sure how VAR can ask the ref to look after not awarding the pen. 

12 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

How exactly do you get to be 3rd in the league when you're not a footballer? lol - honestly intrigued by these comments.

Give the lad a break! If he was called Lonstaffio, would that help? Guy was MOTM today and he's just an athlete.

Its ridiculous man! He has limitations but he's a premier league footballer, a top 3 one currently.

Aye, even I thought he played very well today and I honestly think he is gash most the time. If he can work on his shooting and be more rapid in his choices it will work out for him as a squad player. But I wouldn't call him a top 3 premier league player though. Cause there are way better box to box midfielders in top 10 than him. But kudos today he was good.