Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Looking at their full backs, the fact we're missing ASM and Almiron, and how poor we looked with one winger and one full back that can attack, this could be Gordon's chance. It'd be a bold move but I don't think Howe will care about the optics. We played far better with Gordon on and our injuries limit our options.

pissing me off this having a go at gordon

the lad was annoyed at being subbed, showed his annoyance and has apologised. its over with

Ritchie talked to him for ages on the pitch at the end and the lads still new to how we are as a team and club

leave him be, hope he starts tomorrow or gets another full half at least

I think people who are critical of him maybe forgetting he was a sub being subbed. That isn't a nice thing to happen in a footballers mind, and of course being a bit petulant is not good. However Eddie dealt with it there and then, it's over with now.

That's the basic crux of it all. Anthony Gordon was subbed on and subbed off and he obviously knew he'd had a good game in that second half, so in the heat of the moment he's likely thought Howe's seen something bad about his game or something without realising at the time it was simple a time sapping tactical bit of management.

I'm sure Eddie and co would've explained that and Anthony Gordon will have seen the error of his ways.

Two things to take comfort from....possibly but time will tell.

1. To have a player being pissed off like Gordon was means he was biting at the bit to play.

2. He will be under no illusions about Eddie Howe's coaching and man/management style and potentially won't rock that boat again.

Sometimes something like this can blaze that fire in a player's belly and I'm fairly confident that Gordon will gain in strength for this because he won't get another chance to go against the grain, so fingers crossed it's settled and water under the bridge, so to speak.

He's young and only human.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The OTT defence of him is weird.

It was unprofessional and stupid. But ultimately not a big deal. He needs to have apologised with Eddie and move on.

He should start at the weekend.

We love OUR rat :smitten: