Anthony Gordon

Jack27

16 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I hope that performance gets some people off his back. This kid has a lot to offer us. 

I like him. Thought he was really good yesterday in the time he got. Anyone judging him already hasn’t been paying attention to what EH can do with players.

He should already have 2 assists to his name, tbf. He was very close to playing a lovely ball in to set Isak through yesterday as well, similar to that Wilson chance he set up against West Ham, just an extra yard or two on it and it would've been perfect.

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Antony lacks explosive pace to go past his man, this means he lacks the ability to go both inside and outside and makes him too predicatble to defend against. He's good at dribbling and maintaining possession (which is why Ten Hag likes him in his system) but he can't actually create anything in the premier league.

I think Sancho's problem is down to his mentality. 

Aye. He’s hit the Robben finish a few times this season. But generally his ball striking is average.  He’s not got that elite technique. 

Sancho also has that lack of pace. But Sancho has greater balance and technique. Sancho would’ve been better off going to the Champo rather than the Bundesliga.  He doesn’t know how to scrap it out and fight. He’s not got that dawg in him. He’s as talented as Saka but Saka’s application is 10/10. Any fullback in the world is going to suffer playing Saka.  Saka will demand the ball, muscle you, run you, dribble you, ran off your back for 90 minutes. Sancho could never. 

35 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Antony lacks explosive pace to go past his man, this means he lacks the ability to go both inside and outside and makes him too predicatble to defend against. He's good at dribbling and maintaining possession (which is why Ten Hag likes him in his system) but he can't actually create anything in the premier league.

I think Sancho's problem is down to his mentality. 

not true though that he’s not explosive though. Antony is quick and explosive, he’s just an idiot because he insists on cutting back the whole time. 

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I didn’t say Gordon was better. Gordon for 40m in our system is better value than Antony and Sancho for 80m each for Man United. 

I think Sancho is a very talented player but his application isn’t there. But Gordon might actually be more talented than Antony. Gordon is quicker, better work rate and can actually use his weaker foot. From what I’ve seen, Antony is bang average man.  I don’t think he’s any more talented than the likes of Sinesterra(sp?), Bowen, the other West Ham wide player, Olise etc. 

Antony might prove me wrong but I don’t see a baller at all.  

Nah, maybe based on their time in the PL sure. But both Sancho and Antony have proved their talent in the CL and we know that some players take time to adapt to different systems and teams. Both are superior to Gordon...Grealish looked bang average for City last season and look at him now.

17 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I hope that performance gets some people off his back. This kid has a lot to offer us. 

It won't but not too arsed about it. I like him, he's got pace, tenacious in the tackle, and as pointed out already, should have had a couple of assists by now if others had put them away. Not sure about his goal scoring prowess, but you would imagine our scouting network must think he can produce. He brings a lot to the table, good signing for me.

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’ve seen Grealish electrify in the PL. not seen it from Sancho or Antony. I’ve seen talent and ability from Sancho though. Antony is a 40m player TOPS. 

Great, and how many times did you watch either of them prior to playing in the PL? I mean, Ten Haag obviously felt like Antony was worth pursuing if they spent that much on him. He has unfortunately been poor for now, but even comparing Gordon to Antony and Sancho is crazy to me. That’s not saying Gordon mightn’t become a great signing, but as of what they’ve shown until now in their careers Antony and Sancho are ahead, and far ahead, in my personal opinion.  

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

Great, and how many times did you watch either of them prior to playing in the PL? I mean, Ten Haag obviously felt like Antony was worth pursuing if they spent that much on him. He has unfortunately been poor for now, but even comparing Gordon to Antony and Sancho is crazy to me. That’s not saying Gordon mightn’t become a great signing, but as of what they’ve shown until now in their careers Antony and Sancho are ahead, and far ahead, in my personal opinion.  

Doesn't really matter who's ahead if Sancho/Antony can't adapt to the system at Man Utd though. I'm pretty sure Gordon is tailor made for Howe's system.

7 minutes ago, Menace said:

Doesn't really matter who's ahead if Sancho/Antony can't adapt to the system at Man Utd though. I'm pretty sure Gordon is tailor made for Howe's system.

True, but some take longer to adapt as Grealish that I pointed out. I mean Antony has as many goals for Man United as Gordon basically has in his career and they’re roughly the same age I think.

1 hour ago, Flip said:

ETH should have to answer to 80m on Antony in a court of law.  He doesn’t have the talent to justify the fee. 

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

ETH should have to answer to 80m on Antony in a court of law.  He doesn’t have the talent to justify the fee. 

He managed him for a few years, but clearly you know better :lol: 

44 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

ETH has never managed in the PL. He may have misjudged the requirements. 

:lol: You always defer from the point being made. Plenty of talented players who weren’t able to adapt to the PL. Anyways. 

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: You always defer from the point being made. Plenty of talented players who weren’t able to adapt to the PL. Anyways. 

My point is simple. Antony doesn't look an elite talent... nowhere close.

He might go on to perform much better but he's not that talented. 

20 goals in a farmers league, I don't care.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My point is simple. Antony doesn't look an elite talent... nowhere close.

He might go on to perform much better but he's not that talented. 

20 goals in a farmers league, I don't care.

:lol: :lol: wasn’t the original point being made. I don’t disagree with that tbh. My point still stands though, Gordon isn’t as talented as the other two (at least based on career until now) and if we’re talking goals he has as many career goals as Antony has this season alone for Manchester U.

I give anthony slightly more benefit of the doubt that plenty players have taken a while to show full potential in a new league, there is significant possible improvement, but right now looks pretty crap tbh

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I give anthony slightly more benefit of the doubt that plenty players have taken a while to show full potential in a new league, there is significant possible improvement, but right now looks pretty crap tbh

I’ve seen enough in his game to suggest he will be a major player for us next season. Guess we’ll only be able to make a valid judgement when he gets a decent run in the team. 

Antony has the strangest Brazilian flair I have ever seen. Always does it in a pointless place and manner that seldom seems to actually achieve anything. 

Compare to any Brazilian, but let's say Bruno as he was on the same pitch. The flair always has a purpose and achieves something, like the nutmeg to escape pressure on the edge of our box.

58 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Gordon > Antony.

Antony been fooling around in a farmers league and has played alright against South American drug mules for a below average Brazil.

Would take Gordon any day of the week.

Anthony>Antony

Gordon is an interesting player, few times yesterday I’d have liked to see him carry the ball into space with pace but he opted to pass early and it was intercepted. For that chance for Isak I’d have figured he’d have tried to just beat Lisandro with pace and get a shot off.