Anthony Gordon

Jack27

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Of course, but he's a premium player at the top of his game, you're talking 3 times the price of Gordon.

No way is Harvey Barnes £90-120m!!!(presuming Gordon is 30-40m?)

Gordon is rubbish and not what we need at all. Take one look at an Everton forum and itll tell you all you need to know. 

Signing players 'for the bench' isnt how it works either. You sign players for the first team and then they're either good enough and take someones place, or they're not and they're on the bench/rotation. You dont knowingly sign players that arent good enough for the XI. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Gordon is rubbish and not what we need at all. Take one look at an Everton forum and itll tell you all you need to know. 

Signing players 'for the bench' isnt how it works either. You sign players for the first team and then they're either good enough and take someones place, or they're not and they're on the bench/rotation. You dont knowingly sign players that arent good enough for the XI. 

I think the clubs we are trying to catch up to do exactly that. In fact they do both really, so I think this is the approach we should take

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Agree, unless they're young and have a potential ceiling that is better than your current options. Like Gordon.

Championship player in at most 3 years with you cursing the rat cunt like that. :lol:

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Of course you do, there are countless examples of players being signed for that very purpose like. 

Not at the money we'll have to spend on Gordon. We'll be signing him for the first XI, for which he's not good enough. He cant even get in the Everton team at the minute. Its all quite bizzare tbh

So many on here thought signing Nick Pope wasnt an upgrade on Dubravka - he has since proved himself to be one of the best keeprs in the league.  If our team think he has something I will be happy with the signing 

Assuming Gordon would be coming in to play predominantly on the left it would mean Joelinton moving back into the centre, where i think he is most effective.  He could also provide competition to Miggy, whos form seems to have dropped off massively.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Not at the money we'll have to spend on Gordon. We'll be signing him for the first XI, for which he's not good enough. He cant even get in the Everton team at the minute. Its all quite bizzare tbh

I don't rate him or anything, but I wouldn't put too much stock into whether he can or can't get into the starting XI or not, Miggy and Schar regularly couldn't get in our team under Bruce and lest we forget the last player we signed from Everton who couldn't get into their starting XI. 

I take your point that for the money spent it happens less often to sign players for the bench, I don't think that's necessarily the case with Gordon either, but players are definitely signed specifically for the bench like. 

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

So many on here thought signing Nick Pope wasnt an upgrade on Dubravka - he has since proved himself to be one of the best keeprs in the league.  If our team think he has something I will be happy with the signing 

Assuming Gordon would be coming in to play predominantly on the left it would mean Joelinton moving back into the centre, where i think he is most effective.  He could also provide competition to Miggy, whos form seems to have dropped off massively.

Miggy's form has dropped off? Can't say I agree with that, he's still contributing to play heavily and is playing with a lot of quality. 

Even without the goals he's still one of our top performers right now. 

We really could do with a couple of creatively minded signings, though. 

Just now, Lenny said:

Miggy's form has dropped off? Can't say I agree with that, he's still contributing to play heavily and is playing with a lot of quality. 

Even without the goals he's still one of our top performers right now. 

We really could do with a couple of creatively minded signings, though. 

He presses hard and still contributes in general play, but i think we need more goals and assists from our wide players

17 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Like a lot of people I’m not sure about Gordon. However, I wasn’t sure about Nick Pope or Dan Burn. So, what the heck do I know? I trust Eddie Howe and maybe this could be a similar signing; maybe he could get the best out of Gordon (he is quite young after all).

Also, got to remember he is playing in a shite team, which wouldn’t be the case if he come to us.

We got them 2 for around 20 million combined, we seem to be talking minimum 30 million for Gordon alone.

I’m not his biggest fan, but I don’t think his signing would be a travesty without parallel even at some of the fees quoted.

At the end of the day he’s 21, homegrown, and spent his entire career to date playing for a massively dysfunctional club. It’s not unreasonable to think he might have something about him and just needs to be coached correctly.

Wish this rumour and thread would just piss off already. 

I know an Everton fan at our place, and he backs up what a few here have said they're saying on their social media.

He said " Newcastle are in the top four right now, you have Almiron who's on fire and had his best season, and Saint Maximin who most none Newcastle fans including himself would rip your hand off for, why would you want Gordon from us?  He said it makes no sense, and the 60m to Chelsea rumours a while back they'd have loved a team to waste a ton of cash on him. 

That's their fans verdict. 

he is a decent player like, id much prefer harvey barnes though

gordon reminds me of bellamy, a cunt when on the opposing team but class when he is on yours and winding everyone up - will fit right in with our current shithousery approach

22 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Like a lot of people I’m not sure about Gordon. However, I wasn’t sure about Nick Pope or Dan Burn. So, what the heck do I know? I trust Eddie Howe and maybe this could be a similar signing; maybe he could get the best out of Gordon (he is quite young after all).

Also, got to remember he is playing in a shite team, which wouldn’t be the case if he come to us.

Funny enough I was sold on Pope and thought he would be a big upgrade.

Dan Burn's a solid player better than I thought with a unique profile for his LB position which is useful. But I think he's limited.

I think we need a Nick Pope level signing rather than a Dan Burn.

Has it just been so long since we were in Europe that everyone has forgotten the 'home grown' rules?  This is why you pay an 'English premium'.  Filling the squad with HG players who have potential is exactly what the big boys have been doing for years for that exact reason.  

4 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

he is a decent player like, id much prefer harvey barnes though

gordon reminds me of bellamy, a cunt when on the opposing team but class when he is on yours and winding everyone up - will fit right in with our current shithousery approach

Pretty much everyone I know didn't think Bellamy would be any good either - his form for a relegated Coventry team had been shite the year before, after being a highly rated young'un at Norwich.  That panned out ok in the end ...

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

We are on a slower squad building journey then our league position suggests

You either have to dream of the likes of Bellingham or Rice or accept we are taking it step by step at the clubs pace.

But I think Gordon is good enough to strengthen our midfield pool.

Who's on about them like!?