Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Thought he did fine today tbh. We've bought him not as a finished product but to improve him. The main improvement needs to come in his output, would be nice to think he could begin adding goals to his game.

Just now, Ginola said:

He just didn't want to be subbed off, fucking hell lads :lol: Some of the reactions here are daft. Put in a shift when he came on too

Totally agree. He’s a young lad, adrenaline pumping and he’s frustrated about coming off. Not a surprise at all, that’s football. 

2 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Why would you be even upset there, as a player?

The manager trusts you to do a job at half time. You're part of the solution and you get the result. That's going to be hugely favourable for you going forward.

He should have walked off, rolled his socks down and winked on the way off.

Not act like a cretin, cause a scene and potentially make the post match interviews about your reaction (and not a great second half performance)

It just smacks of a lack of maturity.

Him before team...

I think 9 times out of 10 a sub that gets subbed off is not happy when that happens if the circumstances are not relating to a red card to another team member. I don't see the issue with his reaction personally as the amount of competition for spots in this team it shows he is keen to prove himself.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, Amir_9 said:

I think 9 times out of 10 a sub that gets subbed off is not happy when that happens if the circumstances are not relating to a red card to another team mate. I don't see the issue with his reaction personally as the amount of competition for spots in this team it shows he is keen to prove himself.

I'd agree if that's 10 minutes before the end, but you've got to be thick as mince to not realise what EH is doing there...

He got brought off with a few seconds to go to waste some time. He should understand that rather than throwing a wobbler.

Murphy got subbed off after being subbed on the other week and the contrast in attitude was massive.

Didn't see his reaction to being subbed off, but if he spat his dummy out as some are saying, I trust Eddie will knock that out of him sharpish and we won't be seeing it happen again.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Even as a sub, it’s weird for any attacking player to be upset at being subbed in the 93rd minute as your team is defending for their lives 

Any player is going to be upset after being subbed on. I wouldn't read much into it

Just now, Smal said:

He got brought off with a few seconds to go to waste some time. He should understand that rather than throwing a wobbler.

Murphy got subbed off after being subbed on the other week and the contrast in attitude was massive.

That's pretty much my point. It speaks to maturity and putting the team first.

For what it's worth I think he played well, tracked back and covered. Made lots of positive runs forward and I think he will be a huge asset.

My fear is that, potentially, that outburst could be telling. Hopefully, I'm completely wrong...

People understand why he may have the hump, but when this run of games is so important, and as others point out about Murphy being double subbed and just cracking on, Gordon needs to learn it's not about him.

I didn't appreciate his reaction toward Howe, and then trying to rip his shirt off.

Needs to grow a pair.

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was he any good though?

yeah he was fine. Put some good tackles in, made some good runs.

Gave a free kick away near the end which pissed Eddie off and there was also one time where he didn’t press the defender where I thought he should have done but apart from that looked good. 

He’s gonna be fine. 

8 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

That's pretty much my point. It speaks to maturity and putting the team first.

For what it's worth I think he played well, tracked back and covered. Made lots of positive runs forward and I think he will be a huge asset.

My fear is that, potentially, that outburst could be telling. Hopefully, I'm completely wrong...

yeah, exactly. When Trippier is giving interviews saying this is one of the best dressing rooms he been in because there are no egos etc. that’s the kind of mentality you want to keep. It’s not about individuals.

Hopefully he will learn.