Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

Just now, JUICE690 said:

Can tell the crowd a little nervier. That last rendition of, 'We're going to Wembley' died on its arse. [emoji38]

Sounds like it’s been near silent since they scored. More than a couple of mocking ditties from the travelling support audible.

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

McCoist is such a good co-commentator. You can tell that he really enjoys watching football, doesn’t over complicate things and has a nice bit of humour.

mind you id be as happy as Larry if I got to work with Laura Woods 3 days a week

Woods is next level, but super ally for me

Bloody glad of that early goal or my nerves would be shot to shit. I'm feeling fairly comfortable now but I still can't trust us not to go all Newcastle and inexplicably cock it up. 

Edited by Jill

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Thought we were absolutely class first 25 mins. Fair play to Southampton, they have kept going and it was a fantastic strike from Adams.

I honestly think that's the best first half of football from Newcastle that I have seen in a long long time.  I agree with with samp here.  Southampton have worked well but we are too good for them.

4 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Some of the passing / triangles were world class

I'd agree, when it was on it was on.

But everyone has to be fluid,

Noticed also the build up was mint, but occasions many players blaze the ball when great options are on if they look up.

Nice to see Longstaff get rewarded for his runs in to the box. He should have scored more like them really, but good finishing today. And the 1-2 with Trippier for the first was good move.

Adams goal against us was excellent given he was being closed down. Poor mistake on us to create the moment for him, but he punished us well with that finish.

We easily have more goals in us. 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

How about we just let people be justifiably nervous as well aye? :lol: Fucking hell 

Exactly right. Does my head in when people tell folk to calm down during a game. It’s a semi final, people are justifiably nervous and just vent. 

Really need to cut out these sloppy and careless passes in and around that backline. They have pacey players who will get on these loose balls.

Need a 3rd goal to calm the nerves.

Edited by nufcjb