Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

Great start obviously but started to look a bit shaky as that went on. 

Game was far more open than we needed it to be. Felt we should be controlling the pace a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

This fucking ref never gives us anything.

Absolutely determined to keep the tie alive.

We need to clam down a bit though. We were in control of the game and an out of the blue goal for them has unsettled us. We just need to keep a calm.

Played really well for the first 20 minutes, and still very much the better side. No sign of nerves, which is great.

The only way the Saints looked like scoring was from a defensive error, and we have been taking a few chances at the back. It was a very good strike too, though.

Providing we stick to our plan, keep our nerve, stay positive, we should be fine.

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

He did the same slow start to Bruno, seemed to work out ok:)

Get that but he’s on 3 goals in 5 and I think that only includes 1 full game down it?

Compare that to Wilson’s no goals in 9 games or something then for me get isak up to speed for the final or at least asap because he’s top draw as they say.

Thought willock has just lost concentration in the last twenty after a superb first twenty.

calum should be hooked for Isak at 60 mins. Needs a rocket up his behind or some competition to get him biting again

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fucks sake. Feel more nervous now than I did before the match. 

How is that even possible? They have to score two more goals to even take it to PKs, three to win it. We’ve only let in 14 all season. :lol: 

I’m not relaxed like. We’re playing football from another planet but worried something daft will happen and we let in another. One more goal please lads and then shithouse our way to the final.