[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I fail to see how it's unfair really, as others have said the club can't win. Damned if they do and all that.

Understand the frustrations from some ST holders but there are also some members who've been to every home game - league and cup - this season. I totally get that there's members who've maybe just done 1 game in the cup and it would be a pisser if they got a ticket over a ST holder, but basically everyone who (probably) deserve a ticket will get one. Not all members have only done 2 or 3 games this season as some would want you to believe.

However I do feel like the pot for 6 (5 should be pretty small anyway, surely?) will be a smaller allocation than 4, so the chance will reduce for people trying in period 6.

40 minutes ago, Paully said:

Totally agree - someone in four could miss out to someone in six 

I know people who gave up STs they've had since the 1990s with almost 300 loyalty points when Bruce arrived who are in pot 6. Some of the loyalest fans we have, just in case it makes you feel any better about who is getting a chance at tickets.

12 minutes ago, MarkH said:

Where on the website do you find the ballot? I can't see it on either season ticket even though I had the email Tuesday saying I was in this group?

Log in. Click on tickets and I think the top heading has a enter ballot button to hit.

Just weighing in on the fairness thing...

There is no fair because by having a fairness spectrum you'd really be asking who is the biggest fan? And no such thing exists. If I did exist, virtually everyone on this forum would be going to Wembley.

I know ST holders who've had season tickets for 30 years but actually have little interest anymore and barely use their ticket. Should they go?

What about some kid in Asia who is newcastle nutty but doesn't really have any chance of going?

Or the guy who goes to every away game?

Or the guy who wants to go to every away game but can't because he has a wife and kids?

If you can't get tickets, your just as much a loyal fan as those who do. Just enjoy the day. 

Think the club really have missed a trick not opening up the stadium or a ‘fan park’ for the final. Newcastle will be jumping for the people not going to London. Wether they simply aren’t able to I don’t know 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

Think the club really have missed a trick not opening up the stadium or a ‘fan park’ for the final. Newcastle will be jumping for the people not going to London. Wether they simply aren’t able to I don’t know 

probably bigger fish to fry atm. I'm sure all that stuff will come in the future. but look on the bright side, it'll generate a ton of money for local businesses that desperately need it.

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

Were they eligible in earlier pots? 

Lass from work was eligible for pot one but held off for the ballot (mad) as she hoped to get 6 together with people who were eligible in 4, tried logging in today and it said she couldn't apply for any ballots. 

Eligible but didn't apply, wanted the group to be together, all for one and all that 

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

Were they eligible in earlier pots? 

Lass from work was eligible for pot one but held off for the ballot (mad) as she hoped to get 6 together with people who were eligible in 4, tried logging in today and it said she couldn't apply for any ballots. 

Mental taking that risk like, unless you’re not too arsed about going. 

1 hour ago, Vedder said:

I know people who gave up STs they've had since the 1990s with almost 300 loyalty points when Bruce arrived who are in pot 6. Some of the loyalest fans we have, just in case it makes you feel any better about who is getting a chance at tickets.

I'll be honest with you - I never realised that was ballot 6 - thought it was season ticket holder with one cup match so fair do pal

41 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Mental taking that risk like, unless you’re not too arsed about going. 

For many it's an all for one thing. Seems a daft way of doing things though, you'd think group bookings would all be classed as the period of the lowest scoring applicant rather than all having to be in the same period.

Edited by madras

Hypothetically...

If you applied in the ballot for 6 tickets. Or any number greater than 1 and your succoess was that you were offered 3 or 2 how do you plan to deal with that in your group?

Just now, pinkeye said:

Hypothetically...

If you applied in the ballot for 6 tickets. Or any number greater than 1 and your succoess was that you were offered 3 or 2 how do you plan to deal with that in your group?

Fight, obviously.

Not sure if this should go in here but I'm looking for some suggestions if anyone has any.

I want to stop outside of London proper (think Watford/Oxford/reading areas) because I'll be driving down the Saturday and hoping to train it in to wembley from there.

Anyone have any kind of suggestions for best places for a bit of civilization still, but out of the rat race for driving purposes.

16 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not sure if this should go in here but I'm looking for some suggestions if anyone has any.

I want to stop outside of London proper (think Watford/Oxford/reading areas) because I'll be driving down the Saturday and hoping to train it in to wembley from there.

Anyone have any kind of suggestions for best places for a bit of civilization still, but out of the rat race for driving purposes.

Few options mate, I've lived down here over 9 years, Watford good shout. Standard town really but you got a train 15 mins into London or the tube so both easy. Reading i lived there for nearly 6 years, again 24 mins direct to Paddington.

Best options Harrow on hill, few stops from Wembley, uxbridge on met line too and easy access or Watford.

1 minute ago, Paully said:

Rumours of a rail strike for the final weekend FFS.  If they want to cause maximum disruption, I suppose that’s it.

Meeting tomorrow apparently FFS.

Yeah just posted that. They will strike that day it’s all about maximum disruption. 

tho I don’t know how it works as the day after the Southampton home tie was a rail strike and I still managed to get a train from Newcastle to Edinburgh so some services might still run 

I live a lot closer to London. But the strikes have meant Fulham and Arsenal away.  We’ve had to drive. No fucking chance I’m driving there and back for this. So might have to start looking at accommodation a bit further out that is on a decent tube line. 

14 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I live a lot closer to London. But the strikes have meant Fulham and Arsenal away.  We’ve had to drive. No fucking chance I’m driving there and back for this. So might have to start looking at accommodation a bit further out that is on a decent tube line. 

Doesn't the strike affect the tube aswell?

Ignoring any potential strikes for a second, if people are still looking for trains at reasonable prices, go Newcastle > Leeds then Leeds > London. There’s a tonne of availability and it’s way cheaper… plus it’s only about 30 mins longer overall.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

5 hours ago, madras said:

For many it's an all for one thing. Seems a daft way of doing things though, you'd think group bookings would all be classed as the period of the lowest scoring applicant rather than all having to be in the same period.

I've just re read the original email and it does state that everyone applying in a group has to be in the same application period.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Yeah just posted that. They will strike that day it’s all about maximum disruption. 

tho I don’t know how it works as the day after the Southampton home tie was a rail strike and I still managed to get a train from Newcastle to Edinburgh so some services might still run 

Some will still run, normally 4 per hour in each direction between Edinburgh and KX.