[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

19 minutes ago, MickMack said:

Everything will click, Bruno is back, everyone will be back in their familiar positions, Maxi looks back to his normal self, we will be fresher than them, we will be angry about losing to Liverpool, they think they’ve won already and we will be after them from the off. We’ll have this sewn up in the first 30

mins, Trippier is lifting that trophy.

We’ll have to take any chances created in the first 30, otherwise I can see them catching us with one on the break and we won’t get it back.

1 hour ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Man U play Thursday night in what looks likely to be a very competitive European game than have to recover in time to play us on Sunday, looking likely they will go full strength against Barca also

Massive advantage for us this in my opinion, they take some getting over these games

Man U should have played 50 minutes with 10 men yesterday, which goes a way to mitigating our advantage here.

The match was 1-0 when it happened, so it may have cost them points too.

Think back at all the shit we have had to endure over the last few years:

• Dennis Wise
  • Joe Fucking Kinnear
  • Sack Pardew (8 year contract man…..)
  • LLWDLLLWWLWLLLLLLWLLDDLDLL
  • John Carver?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Ashley Out
  • Steve McClaren
  • Changing the grounds name
  • Fucking Sports Direct
  • Relegation TWICE!!!!
  • Neglect
  • Steve Bruce

Fuck that! This is our time, this is the start of the good times, this is how it felt in the 90’s HOPE, BELIEF, CONFIDENCE!!!

We can do this, and I cannot wait until Sunday!!

You laughed at us when we went down, who the fuck is laughing now!!! :howe:

I get people not wanting to get too excited as it hurts so much if we fall short but we've gotta all be right up for this, be positive, be hopeful, we've waited so long for this moment. We are 5/4 to lift the cup, 7/5 best price in places. 7 of the 8 results on Saturday in the Premier League were a bigger price. Do we have a good chance to win the thing on Sunday... TOO FUCKING RIGHT WE DO!

ONE TIME NEWCASTLE, ONE FUCKING TIME!

2 hours ago, KDT said:

So Isak or Wilson?

If we just play Isak we play without a CF without a focal point. He's a fluid auxiliary striker, he likes dropping deep and running into space, he's not someone who is going to hang around in the penalty area like Wilson. We need to play them both or suffer the consequences.

11 minutes ago, Joseph said:

TalkSport reporting that Joelinton has a knock but Howe is “hopeful” he’ll be OK for the final. 

Fuck’s sake, if either Jow or Bruno were to be out (I know Bruno’s back) I’d lose a ton of confidence 

38 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

I get people not wanting to get too excited as it hurts so much if we fall short but we've gotta all be right up for this, be positive, be hopeful, we've waited so long for this moment. We are 5/4 to lift the cup, 7/5 best price in places. 7 of the 8 results on Saturday in the Premier League were a bigger price. Do we have a good chance to win the thing on Sunday... TOO FUCKING RIGHT WE DO!

ONE TIME NEWCASTLE, ONE FUCKING TIME!

Give me evens Man U and I'm all over it . 

22 minutes ago, Joseph said:

TalkSport reporting that Joelinton has a knock but Howe is “hopeful” he’ll be OK for the final. 

That's a slight bit of creative journalism I think. The exact quote is "We hope he's OK. He wanted to carry on - I wanted to protect him for the games ahead. We hope it's not serious"