[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

I’m excited and nervous for it, am hoping we play the game and not the occasion.

The bigger pitch will effect both sides, for someone like Maxi it could be a massive opportunity to run into space, not sure he starts though.

I think Joelinton gets left forward and Willock comes into midfield, where they swap throughout the match. Bring on Maxi when legs start getting tired.

Bruno & Joe against Fred & Casemiro is intriguing.

28 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I am so fucking nervous :lol: I'm getting on for 50 and I have the fucking fear like going to middle school for the first time :lol:

Aye, it's crazy how nervous I'm feeling. Going to be such a long fucking day tomorrow and all. 

If I'm honest, I'm 60-40 Man United are going to win tomorrow, but I'm sure as fuck going to enjoy every minute of the game, be utterly positive, and be proud as fuck for everyone that's their, the staff, the players and the fans. 

And who knows, we have a fair chance of actually winning something.

Howay the fucking lads.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The pitch at Wembley is basically exactly the same dimensions as SJP, isn’t it? 

According to Wikipedia it's the same dimensions 

I've heard/seen it be said so often now even though it doesn't seem to be the case 

Probably a classic case of people just repeating what they've read elsewhere 

19 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Sorry but it's a 3-0 defeat tomorrow. Manu are in form and we are struggling to score a goal. Not a result I want but just being realistic!!!

Tena make some great products these days, that can REALLY help with your bed wetting you know. There’s nothing quite like catastrophising before a balls been kicked. Remind me to keep well clear of your foxhole in future

Starting the underdog will suit us I think. I'd hate to go there and be expected to win by most fans including the neutrals, had we been playing Wolves or something like that then I think I'd be shitting it in all honesty. Having nothing to lose is good and the pressure being on them is also good. 

Neither Keegan nor Robson led us out at Wembley in a Cup Final and Howe deserves tomorrow, it's a huge acknowledgement of what he's overseen in the last 15 months or whatever it's been. He's picked us up, organised us, motivated us and got us to a Final and we've got a decent chance of winning the fucking thing too. Yes, we're the underdog but if it's still 0-0 after 65 mins and we've got Isak and ASM running t them then 1 chance, 1 goal might just be enough.

But please please please just show up on the day. Give the fans something to fucking cheer, run for 95 minutes and don't leave anything behind. Put a fucking performance in. The players deserve it and the fans deserve it too, just show up, minimum respect, don't stand off them and let them feel the pressure. Get in their faces and fucking stay there all afternoon. This is more than doable, we've waited long enough. KTF

Didn't think not being there with everyone I go to SJP with would bother me too much, but it has like. :lol: Felt gutted all day today.

Wasn't bad at all with the nerves ahead of tomorrow whatsoever. Then I watched that Football Focus video narrated by Shearer on our trophyless 54 years. Now I'm shitting it. 

Do us proud lads. And those inside Wembley, whatever happens, outsing those cunts in the other end of the ground.

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The pitch at Wembley is basically exactly the same dimensions as SJP, isn’t it? 

Surprisingly you are correct.

SJP = 114.8 yd × 74.4 yd

Wembley = 115 yd x 74 yd

There are some differences between grounds, Anfield and Stamford Bridge are noticeably smaller. Man City’s pitch is bigger than Wembley.

ClubStadiumDimensions

Emirates Stadium 115 x 74 yards

Villa Park 115 x 74 yards

Brentford Community Stadium 115 x 74 yards

Amex Stadium 116 x 75 yards

Turf Moor 115 x 73 yards

Stamford Bridge 113 x 73 yards

Selhurst Park 110 x 74 yards

Goodison Park 112 x 78 yards

Elland Road 115 x 74 yards

King Power Stadium 110 x 76 yards

Anfield 110 x 75 yards

Etihad Stadium 116 x 77 yards

Old Trafford 116 x 76 yards

St James’ Park 115 x 74 yards

Carrow Road 114 x 74 yards

St Mary’s Stadium 112 x 74 yards

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 115 x 74 yards

Vicarage Road 115 x 75 yards

London Stadium 115 x 74 yards

Molineux 116 x 74 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Thought I'd be shitting bricks by now, but just really excited. There's no pressure on us at all.

This is true like, it’s not this final is some flash in the pan. We’re clearly on an upwards trajectory that’s taking us to finals on a far more regular basis. Tomorrow is all about enjoying it and Man U are the team I’d want us to win against the most in a final, aside from Liverpool. The fact that we’re without Pope takes even more pressure off us, and I know the lads will be up for it tomorrow. I reckon it’s going to be a great match of football