[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Feels very surreal still. Seems like it's not happening right here and now. I assume it'll still feel like this right up until that whistle blows at KO and then a whole different emotion will take its place.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a 3:30am kick off for me so I’m going to log out of everything NUFC-related otherwise I’m going to go crackers and get zero sleep.  I’ll try and pretend nowt is happening (futile effort no doubt).  Can’t stop thinking that BDB is finally going to plant a header goalwards for the winner.  Can’t.  Fucking.  Wait.

Enjoy it all lads and lasses - this bastard trophy drought has to end at some point.  It’s surreal that this time tomorrow it might have and we’ll finally have colour footage of a trophy win!

HTL

Sounds like your south of the border from me, 230am kick off here, ive told work not to expect me in the office Monday morning though. We've got a house full of inlaws family, half of them sleeping in the lounge room, I've warned them that they will be watching the game with me if they're here tonight still.

Can't believe how fucking nervous I am for this game, still not letting myself get optimistic about the result!

Hope my flight isn’t delayed (look at me ) , 255pm my flight touches down . 

Gutted I’m not in London , have a fantastic day lads , I will be watching in a bar on Gran Canaria (again look at me) but in truth I only want to be in one place today .

HWTFL :indi:

Is it time yet? Trooped ten miles around London, drank more than I should, sang all six verses of Blaydon Races in Piccadilly (accompanied by busking African drummer), saw beginnings of Trafalgar gathering, did a Jack the Ripper tour (because why not?). Just want it to start now. Well, after a full English and a bit more prematch lubrication! :indi:

So my dad told me he'd got a taxi booked for six that would pick him up then me to go to the station, why I have no idea cos the train isn't till about half 8, but his mate told him it would be really busy. Rang my doorbell at 5.40, I'm nowhere near ready. Of course absolutely no cunt is here, nowhere is open for a coffee and we're at no advantage of getting on the train, which we'll get on anyway cos we've got seat reservations. 

Gutted for my mam, she got covid earlier in the week and isn't well enough to go. She's been spooked by the club saying not to pass on tickets and absolutely won't sell or pass on her ticket either. Keeps telling me to take ID with me cos she's sure they'll be checking everyone and running DNA profiles and if she let a mate of mine have her senior ticket she'll be banned for life from SJP and exiled to Sunderland or whatever. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Feel better about arriving two hours in advance for my flight, reading that :lol:

Used to take me to away matches when I was a kid, we'd be in our seats 90 minutes before kick off just in case. Fond memories of a 7 hour trip to Southampton to sit and watch ground staff for an hour and a half, then lose to a last minute Le Tissier winner.